Key Holder, Lip Lab, Toronto
Lip Lab, BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
POSITION: Key Holder, Lip Lab
STATUS: Full Time (weekends mandatory)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
LOCATION: Lip Lab by BITE – 670 Queen Street W, Toronto ON
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
Lip Lab by BITE is looking for dedicated and passionate people who are excited to be a part of a growing retail concept. If you love connecting with clients, already excited about BITE, and passionate about colour and/or lipstick, we want you to join our team!
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, BITE Beauty, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The Key Holder will be responsible for creating and selling custom lipsticks while providing the highest level of client service and artistry to all. As a Key Holder, this role will also be responsible for opening or closing the store and as well as assist with maintenance and upkeep of Lip Lab by BITE. This position will report directly to their Lip Lab Store Manager.
- Work under direction of Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager
- Provide exceptional customer service and educate all clients and walk in traffic entering our doors
- One-on-one and group consultations to create custom lip sticks by way of color matching through client driven feedback
- Sales and upselling on BITE Beauty Brand products
- Complete client purchases; entering recipies and saving of client information with Point of Sale system.
- Assist with Lip Lab day to day operations and housekeeping.
- Greeting & directing customers in a friendly fashion.
- Answering customer questions about services, as well as educating them on BITE Beauty Brand products.
- Working closely with fellow team members to provide both exceptional and time-efficient services.
- Responsible for giving feedback to artists to ensure best practices on customer service, policies, procedures, and services rendered.
- Maintaining up-to-date BITE brand & product knowledge.
- Assist with processing supply and merchandise delivery.
- Restocking manufacturing & packaging materials.
- Assisting clients in-person, over the phone, or via email with booking their appointments.
- Ensuring Lip Lab front of house and back of house are clean and fully stocked at all times.
- Responsible for holding a key to the store.
- Responsible to open and close the store, ensuring all opening and closing procedures are completed.
- Occasionally acting as “Host” to ensure in-coming customers are greeted upon entrance, placed with an artist based on skill-level, and that artist breaks are taken on time.
- Available and open to feedback on performance, employee etiquette, personal appearance, and everyday responsibilities.
- 2+ years experience in a customer service environment,
- Clientelling and cosmetics experience an asset
- Previous experience in a supervisory/managerial role an asset
- Knowledge of Color Theory
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Open availability, weekends mandatory
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.