Internship (Spring): Beauty Copywriting
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Copy intern is responsible for supporting the KENDO Copy team with research and other organizational needs. Upon demonstrating success in organizational tasks, you may have the opportunity to participate in creative copy brainstorms and take on supporting writing assignments, such as marketing e-mails and social copy.
In this position, you will gain exposure to the fun and fast-paced creative world of beauty copywriting. Discover the copywriter’s role in product development (and even test out a few new products for yourself!), experience the product and shade naming process, learn what it takes to develop a global advertising campaign, and understand how we craft strong and compelling copy for top beauty and skincare brands.
- Organizes and requests translations, updates the master translations document
- Organizes and supports brand copy resources, such as shade name libraries
- Researches and compiles competitive brand copy with direction from brand copywriters
- Participates in shade name and naming brainstorms with the copy team
- Strong research and organization skills
- Writing talent
- Passion and enthusiasm for beauty
- Ability to think creatively
- Start in January 2018