Internship, Product Development, Marc Jacobs Beauty
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Product Development Intern is responsible for assisting the team in all aspects of the product development cycle. This position is to gain well-rounded PD experience to prepare for a career in product development. This role is an entry-point to the fun, creative, and exciting world of creating new and innovative beauty products.
- Assist with day-to-day Product Development operations (supplies, samples, shipping)
- Assist with providing samples to internal and external partners
- Coordinate and assist with product development meeting scheduling and preparation
- Help organize product testing and feedback
- Research competitive landscape and maintain benchmarks
- Create product comps for meetings and presentations
- Participate in brainstorms and concept ideation
- Assist in the development of new and innovative products
- Attend vendor meetings
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including data entry, calendaring or other PD administrative tasks as needed.
- University or college student, in Junior or Senior year preferred
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Client-focused, personable and flexible with demands and changes in business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills; keen attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often-changing, startup environment
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams