Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for cultivating strong relationships with Kendo client groups at our corporate headquarters in San Francisco driving efforts to strengthen and accelerate our overall people strategy. This role will deliver integrated and inclusive HR partnership in areas such as employee onboarding, employee development, performance management, change management and employee relations. The position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Director, People & Kulture (HR).
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of your assigned client groups and their business across North America in the interest of building effective, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients at all levels of the business.
- Coach people managers and leadership across a breadth of HR programs, processes and policies including employee development, performance management, change management and employee relations.
- Deliver exceptional direction and support to team members at each stage of the employee lifecycle to ensure a positive Kendo experience.
- Effectively guide and influence business partners to navigate sensitive and critical issues impacting the business.
- Diagnose, address, and resolve complex employee relations challenges.
- Project manage and execute on key deliverables for various HR programs including performance management (PCR), compensation planning (ICR) and succession planning.
- In partnership with the Kendo DEI team, Develop and implement thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in talent management, development, and retention.
- Cultivate relationships with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to achieve the mutual goals of hiring the best talent and building productive teams.
- Aid in building a performance-driven culture by developing and facilitating relevant training programs.
- Use key touchpoints, surveys, and analytics to maintain a strong pulse on employee engagement; present insights and make data-driven recommendations to business leaders.
- Aggregate and analyze data sets from across systems; convert complex information into easy-to-comprehend stories to illustrate the impact of HR programs and initiatives.
- Support the HRBP, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development and Diversity and Inclusion teams with additional projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in Human Resources, with a depth of experience in CORE HR.
- Outstanding problem solver with demonstrated ability to coach and influence at all levels of the business.
- Experience in employee relations and performance management required.
- Success managing complex HR projects, programs, stakeholders and deliverables.
- High emotional intelligence; expertise in relationship building, cultivating trust, and processing nuanced employee feedback.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate up, down and to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent follow through, judgement and common sense; able to thrive and make decisions in an ambiguous and continually evolving environment.
- Advanced excel skills necessary.
- Knowledge of CA HR/Labor laws; HR certification a plus (aPHR, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc.).
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with beauty or consumer goods businesses preferred.
- Passionate about building exceptional employee experiences.