HR Operations Analyst
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The Operations Analyst is an important partner for the fast-paced Kendo People + Kulture team. This role is responsible for supporting many of the existing HR processes, helping to streamline and simplify how the work gets done and serves as a resource for the organization. This position is key to the continuing evolution of the Kendo People + Kulture function and will help maintain the approachable, service-oriented feel of the department. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting, growing company.
- Data entry and maintenance for HR technologies, including, but not limited to HRIS, LMS and Financial Systems.
- Conduct quarterly data audits to ensure employee data integrity.
- Create, maintain and update electronic HR files for all active employees.
- Liaise with Executive Assistants to ensure company Org Charts are accurate and formatted consistently.
- Accurately compile and distribute HR monthly and annual reporting to key business partners and/or vendors.
- Point-of-contact for IT partners regarding offboarding and Kendo employee demographic data.
- Partner with Finance to validate and/or update department assignments twice annually.
- Source, organize and deliver ad hoc reporting on request.
Program Support & Coordination
- Assist with the facilitation of new hire orientation sessions and new hire onboarding.
- Partner with Payroll Team on any needed time & attendance communications.
- Monitor and report on the frequency of Meal and Break penalties; implement strategies to mitigate.
- Support bi-annual Hourly Timekeeping Training for Non-Exempt employees and Managers to maintain compliance with all time keeping efforts.
- Maintain the HR knowledge base for various programs, including onboarding, time keeping and seasonal programs.
- Manage inbound physical mail for the HR team; delegate and distribute as needed.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for internal processes.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal law. This includes managing labor law postings for all locations.
- Deliver a high-level of customer service to all internal business partners.
- Provides support and participates in other HR related duties, events and tasks as requested.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2-3 yrs HR Analyst or HR Generalist experience required
- Sound judgement and discretion; able to maintain strict confidentiality with highly sensitive data
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, strong sense of follow-through and thrives on autonomy
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal
- Exceptional client service skills (positive and collaborative)
- Professional composure and approachability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience with HRIS / ATS / Job Boards a plus