Host/Hostess, Lip Lab, Toronto
Lip Lab, BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
STATUS: Full Time (weekends mandatory)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
LOCATION: Lip Lab by BITE – 678 Queen Street W, Toronto ON
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
Lip Lab by BITE is looking for dedicated and passionate people who are excited to be a part of a growing retail concept. If you love connecting with clients, already excited about BITE, and passionate about colour and/or lipstick, we want you to join our team!
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, BITE Beauty, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The front of house Host/Hostess establishes a positive first impression and sets the tone of friendliness and excellent customer service. The Host/Hostess will be responsible for managing all incoming guests, managing appointments, ready to wear sales, POS transactions, and client experience support.
- Greet all incoming and departing guests with genuine positivity
- Educate all clients and walk in traffic entering our doors
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Book, cancel, and/or modify appointments
- Seat clients, manage wait-times, and serve wine to clients
- Sales and demo of all BITE ready to wear products
- Complete POS transactions
- Restock stations with consumables and keep stations clean
- Assist with Lip Lab day to day operations and housekeeping
- Opening and closing duties
- 2+ years experience in a customer service environment
- Previous host/hostess experience
- Smart Serve certification an asset
- Clientelling and experience in cosmetics environments an asset
- Knowledge of Colour Theory
- Motivated, team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Open availability, weekends mandatory
- Excellent communication Skills
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.