Head of Retail Sales - Asia and Australia
International | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Head of Retail will be responsible for developing strategies and managing a team of sales and education executives to drive sales growth and meet revenue targets for all Kendo brands and markets. The Manager builds collaborative partnerships with Sephora, the Kendo International team and Kendo cross-functional teams in order to align brand plans and objectives.
- SALES: Partner with GM to establish and achieve budget targets for the region in both retail stores and digital channels.
- OPERATIONS: Partner with Kendo Planning Team & Sephora to secure & optimize inventory, flow of orders, manage obsolescence. Implement processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Actively manage out of stocks, obsolescence and ordering process. Provide input into product forecasting
- LEADERSHIP: Recruit and develop a high caliber team of sales and education executives to support and drive the business. Motivate and inspire teams leading by example.
- STORE VISITS: Visit frequently (according to priorities) stores to ensure healthy stock levels, merchandising excellence, staffing education, additional brand visibility opportunities, and competitive actions.
- EDUCATION: Partner with education teams to ensure education programs are delivered and inspire Sephora teams and drive sales
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING: Protect & build image of the brand via perfect implementation of the Visual Merchandising guidelines (Promotional & Permanent spaces). Manage space and location in stores and execution and updates of all fixture updates.
- RELATHIONSHIPS: Develop strong partnerships with retail partners management and negotiate best opportunities for Kendo brands
- DISTRIBUTION: Work with Sephora on new door opening and new market expansion in terms: NDO support, Training, Space and Location for brand and stock.
- ENTREPENEURIAL SPIRIT: Be proactive in the brands’ long-term development:
- REPORTING: implement reporting processes for the region:
- Share industry analysis, trends and competitive information and best practices.
- Sales and ranking by brand and by category at retail and online
- New launch performance
- Sales recaps to for Senior Management
- Communicate and deploy identified business opportunities across channels and markets
- Develop mid- and long-term strategies in order to achieve growth projections.
- MEETINGS: Develop regional sales meeting to cascade information, create a forum for sharing and drive motivation
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Sales and/or Marketing in the Cosmetics industry. Make-up knowledge a plus.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams.
- University degree; Business School or equivalent a plus.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills – Results-oriented.
- Stock an inventory management
- Good interpersonal skills high level of integrity
- Can do attitude, flexible and collaborative
- Travel 40% of time as required