Global Employee Engagement Manager - DE&I
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
At KENDO Brands we are looking for an Employee Engagement Manager to join our DEI Team– someone who is deeply curious and passionate about improving the working environment for all our amazing Kendoites around the world. Our hope is to find someone who obsesses about a world that is equitable and inclusive, while having just as much passion about supporting the creation of programs to help elevate Kendoites to be the best they can possibly be.
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Employee Engagement Manager at Kendo Brands will drive Employee Life cycle projects from initiation through to execution in order to scale and operationalize DEI; programs, events, employee resource groups, and trainings. They will directly report into the Head of DEI and provide strategic and tactical operational leadership for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, initiatives for the organization. This position will be instrumental in continuing to build and scale our culture and business, while providing an embedded cultural lens to support proactive and authentic advocacy for all KENDOITES.
- Support the design of the long-term vision for the company employee engagement, recognition, & experiential programming to achieve DEI goals
- Provide thought leadership, direction, advice, and counsel to executive leadership and HR business partners regarding employee crisis & experience
- Act as a subject matter advisor to integrate DEI’s content across Kendo’s developmental programs
- Execute the tactical implementation of DEI & Crisis communication & programming
- Strategize with our DEI Head & Leadership teams to spread awareness of our DEI initiatives internally & externally
- Take a research approach to explore the science of bias and how it can affect culture
- Explore and teach varying methods of communication (Applied, Intercultural, Small group, etc) to advance effective interpersonal relationships
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure that our recruiters, hiring managers, and interviewers are best equipped to find diverse talent and set interviewers up for success in the hiring process
- Partner with Recruiting team on Diverse Recruiting strategies to identify, define, and execute the DEI candidate experience
- Partner with KENDO KARES (Corporate Social Responsibility) to define DEI strategy and execute grants, events, engagement, and communication.
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to continue to drive adoption of our internal learning experiences (Unconscious Bias, Allyship, Psychological Safety) throughout the organization
- Manage our Employee Resource Groups and partner with DEI Council to help bring our diversity initiatives to fruition.
- 5-7 years of corporate or start up experience
- Strong project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues, and a strong results orientation
- Experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- Sound understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices, and innovations in DEI
- Significant organizational experience with specific experience design, developing, managing, and measuring DEI strategies
- Ability to autonomously strategize, coordinate, develop, and implement project plans
- Experience delivering scalable solutions across multiple teams