Executive Assistant, VP/GM Kat Von D Beauty
Administration | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position is responsible for providing efficient and high-level executive support to the Vice President and General Manager of Kat Von D Beauty and a High Profile Client.
Calendaring, Travel & Event Planning
- Manage, organize, and maintain executive’s calendar, including internal/external meetings, catering, securing conference rooms, etc. Coordinate competing schedules in an efficient manner.
- Secure complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including multi-country flights, lodging, and car services.
- Manage the planning and execution of quarterly meetings with the Brand Founder; coordinate scheduling across Brand Founder and multiple executives, secure venue, order catering, etc.
- Organize bi-monthly activities for the Brand Management team – leader of team ‘fun’!
- Offer legal support to the executive; initiate contract kick-off with the internal legal counsel, review draft contracts, and ensure final contracts are executed and signed in a timely manner. If applicable, facilitate timely payments of donations and royalties to outside organization.
- Complete, review, and approve expense reports on a monthly basis
- Track and update the KVD Brand Management team’s annual travel budget; work closely with the executive to ensure team stays on track.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Handle confidential, urgent materials and information in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with LVMH peers and key partners such as IT, facilities, and 3rd party vendors; work closely with Brand Founder’s assistant on calendaring, travel planning, etc.
- Assist with day to day needs i.e. providing lunch, coffee, etc.
- Maintain filing system and organization for executive’s office; coordinate and follow-up on projects as assigned.
- Provide some administrative support to the Brand Management team
- Partner with other Executive Assistants to provide additional support or back-up when needed.
- Screen, monitor and process correspondence in the executives’ absence to ensure timely action is taken; compose outgoing correspondence as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5-7 years’ Executive Assistant experience supporting an Executive Director, President/CEO, COO, or other similar senior-level executive required; previous experience working with a High Profile Client preferred.
- Able to work interactively and proactively with executives at all levels in the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Resourceful, logical and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple projects.
- High level of accuracy, able to detect inconsistencies and errors.
- Dynamic, engaging, professional with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, approachable and flexible.
- Computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and generally tech-savvy / comfortable with software applications and database programs.
- Flexible with hours and in working overtime when required.