BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
POSITION: Equipment Technician
STATUS: Permanent, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineer
LOCATION: BITE Beauty Head Office – Toronto, ON
SHIFT: Monday to Friday, 11:00AM to 7:00PM
BITE Beauty was born with a singular idea – create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing every product in-house, BITE manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. BITE Beauty proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
BITE Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, BITE, and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The Equipment Technician will report directly to the manufacturing engineer. Their main responsibilities will be to support development of new products by becoming front-line experts on new and existing machinery and maintaining functionality of all machines through training, testing, and adhering to SOPs.
- Troubleshoot all technical issues arising from production of new and existing product lines while adhering to relevant SOPs
- Assist manufacturing engineer in ensuring all incoming machinery and tools are technically feasible for product workflows
- Become front-line technical experts by testing and participating in required training of new and existing machines
- Follow regular maintenance schedules and updating of maintenance logs
- Maintain adequate inventory of parts for all equipment
- Complete full-cleans and updating full-clean logs
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years hands-on machine experience on manufacturing machines
- 2+ years in cosmetic industry an asset
- Experience working with electrical aspects of machinery a strong asset
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally as required
- Availability for permanent bridged shift between 11am to 7pm
- Availability for weekend shifts and on-call as needed
- Office, production floor, warehouse, outdoors, indoors
- Various work positions including sitting, standing, bending, reaching, lifting, climbing
- Use of ladders
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCESSIBILITY: BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.