International | London UK | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Kendo Brands Education Specialist is a field based role responsible for the execution of education programs that bring brand DNA, storytelling and product passion for KENDO Brands to life at store level. As an inspirational coach, the Education Specialist will be instrumental in delivering our brands unique point of difference and driving KPI’s by delivering product knowledge, advanced artistry skills, skincare techniques, selling behaviors in store and supporting events. An exciting multi-faceted role, as a brand and artistry expert they will be able to move seamlessly between coaching and motivating our brand dedicated retail artists; inspiring and exciting retailer employed consultants and educating and empowering customers at point of sale. The goal is to enhance our Retail Artists skills, performance, productivity and quality of work and to bring the unique DNA of Kendo to life in our market.
Partnering with the Field Sales Team, they will help identify opportunities to further promote the success of their brands through a strong event programme to support launches. Combining commerciality with creativity, they take responsibility for and pride in the success of their counters and the personal development of the teams they work with. No two days are ever the same, and the role will require travel within the UK to spread your wisdom, enthusiasm and passion for our brands.
Artistry & Product Expertise
- Train retail teams on product knowledge, advanced artistry skills and selling behaviors, functioning as a resource and leader, providing product expertise
- An exceptional communicator they will be responsible for delivering inspirational in store training sessions that motivate, inspire and enhance artist’s skill base.
- Supporting growth in core brand franchises and new launches across all stores combining brand vision, artistry skills and delivering key product information.
- Deliver best in class customer experience through effective service and selling techniques. Ensuring our Retail Artists deliver excellence in everything they do.
Store Selling Events
- Drive brand KPI’s and support sales goal achievement for store events
- Supporting in store masterclass programme to ensure brand standards and guidelines are consistently met.
- Working with the field sales team to conceptualise seasonal events and masterclasses within each store.
- Taking part in regional events and marketing activity
- Work within Company travel and expense budgets, following established guidelines and procedures
- Additional duties may be required, depending on skill set, market trends, and business needs
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time, domestic and internationally
- Maintain excellent communication with field sales partners, store management and training department through the use of Coaching reports and regular updates on all training, event activity and development opportunities at store level
- Support with the recruitment process by carrying out Trade tests and induction activity with all successful candidates.
· Experience in delivering coaching sessions at counter level
· A confident and engaging communicator and presenter
· A high level of artistry attainment
· Must have experience within the retail beauty sector
· Passionate and inspirational
· This role is a field based role and will require flexibility and the ability to travel with overnight stays
· High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
Basic computer skills— in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively