Education Event Specialist
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The Education Event Specialist is the heart and soul of our field teams training and development. This person is the subject matter expert across all the brands in our Kendo portfolio and in close partnership with our education team, the education and event specialists drives to enhance artistry and skill development within our field team while emulating the example of excellence when it comes to client service. The Education Event Specialist will be the eyes and ears for Education and Artistry training needs out in the field and at the store level to further the enhancement of KENDO artistry and the instore experience across all brands in our portfolio. He or she will also drive KPI’s including: deliver product knowledge, advanced artistry skills, skincare techniques and selling behaviors through training and event, elevate brand and product training of KENDO Field Team, generate sales through store events while contributing to the planning and execution of future events that reinforce the KENDO brand experience.
Artistry + Skin Training and Development in Region
- Be the eyes and ears for Education and Artistry training needs for the field to ensure enhancement of KENDO artistry and the instore experience across all brands in our portfolio
- Serve as the lead education trainer focusing on skill building and development within region
- Partner with Global Education Event Manager + Regional Sales and Executive Manager to secure effective in market trainings for 1:1 development
- Lead onboarding sessions with new field hires and be the subject matter expert across all of our brands from Brand DNA, Brand founder, product knowledge, branded techniques, etc.
- Deliver ongoing training and development of Sales and Education Executives through learning activities linking core training priorities with instore environment as well as service & artistry skill development through technical and service based education.
- Facilitate and manage KENDO corporate education initiative’s including but not limited to: 1:1 Sales and Education Executive development, International Training Webinars, new hire onboarding
- Drive adoption of training technologies and e-learning platforms in region
- Lead by example to demonstrate excellent customer service through effective brand messaging and product
- Create a feedback loop by identifying and communicating effectiveness of training initiatives, training needs and staff performance
- Responsible for helping to certify and coach the Field Team’s Sales and Education Executives in the KENDO Artistry Certification program.
Education Event Facilitation
- Facilitate and manage training sessions and initiatives for Sephora North America and global distribution channels, including but not limited to: New Store Openings, Artistry Lab, SiJCP Train the Trainer, Kendo drive cluster trainings, etc
- Successful execution of artistry and skincare education programs through partnership with KENDO Education and Global Makeup Artists, resulting in achievement of sales goals and increased brand/product education
- Partner closely with content managers for all trainings to ensure accurate delivery of key learning objectives across product focuses
- Collaborate with team members to develop best practices, execute large-scale training and selling events and drive team performance
- Responsible for development of prompt recaps, photos and ongoing, consistent feedback from events and training initiatives
Artistry & Skincare Expertise
- Creative thought partner to help guide, advance and develop artistry and skincare programs for KENDO Field Team
- Train KENDO Field Team on product knowledge, advanced artistry skills, skincare techniques and selling behaviors, functioning as a resource and leader, providing product and sales expertise
- Provide product ideas and test new products to support Product Development research
- Partner cross functionally with content management team to on elevated demos, tool development, etc to further our education materials
- Work within Company expense budgets, following established guidelines and procedures
- Project manage independent work streams to drive scale across our global education operation and its international partners
- Additional duties may be required, depending on skill set, market trends, and business needs
Store Selling Events
- Drive brand KPI’s and achieve sales goals for store events
- Inspire clients through product services and applications to generate excitement for KENDO brands
- Collaborate with KENDO Education and regional field teams to provide branded makeup direction for cast to support store events
- Execute in partnership with Sales and Education Executive a strategic event plan to accelerate brand awareness and fiscal growth
- Bachelor’s degree; 4+ years an Account Executive, Makeup Artist or Brand Trainer is required
- Canadian candidates must speak fluent French and English per country laws
- Strong artistry and skin experience with outstanding facilitation skills in the Sephora environment is required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook and iPad applications
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation and communication skills (oral, written)
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Proven Leader with flexibility and ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Must have proof of insurance, current and valid driver’s license, and reliable means of transportation
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time domestically (and internationally as needed)