Director, Social & Influencer Marketing - OLEHENRIKSEN
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time | From $157,646.00 to $197,057.00 per year
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- “Can Do” Spirit: We work together to make our wildest dreams a reality: As entrepreneurs, we embrace optimism and find creative ways to reach our goals
- Advocacy, Diversity, and Inclusion: We recognize and celebrate the full spectrum of personal identities. We create safe spaces so everyone’s voice is heard. We listen with humility and act with courage.
- Storytelling: We tell authentic stories like no one else: It’s our key to inspire trust and build relationships, rallying, our people, partners, and consumers around our brands.
- Resilience: We embrace challenges as opportunities. Change is ever-constant, and agility is our strength.
- Product Excellence: We put the consumers first: We constantly raise the bar to create products of the highest quality that everyone just has to have.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The salary range for this position is $157,646,-$197,057 based upon a San Francisco location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location. Kendo Total Rewards offerings also include an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, flex paid time off program, parental leave, employee discount/perks, a retirement plan with employer contributions, Summer Fridays, opportunity to work from anywhere for a month in the summer and July and December wellness/shutdown weeks for applicable positions.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
As the Director of Social & Influencer Marketing for Ole Henriksen, a top Skincare brand globally, you will be responsible for leading the Social & Influencer team focused on building and driving global and localized strategies for social and influencer marketing to drive creativity, impact and results for the business.
You will lead the creative & strategic vision for the Social & Influencer teams based on forward thinking cultural trends, social & platform insights and data, and the evolving consumer and social landscape to stay at the forefront of the digital world. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, requiring work with multiple brand stakeholders, including Brand Management, Product Development, Education, Creative, International and Marketing.
This role is “part art and part science” – requiring strong analytical prowess, expertise in the beauty & skincare space, combined with passion for social media, influencers and disruptive content.
The ideal candidate will be consumer-obsessed, passionate about social content and highly creative, maintaining a high bar for aesthetic & quality. This role will be immersed in bringing the Ole Henriksen brand DNA to life across all social and influencer marketing touch points, for our target audience.
- Lead the development & execution of best-in-class organic social strategy across all platforms, content curation, community management and influencer marketing to support overarching brand strategies
- Drive content strategy for influencer marketing, pairing the business needs with authentic influencer content creation
- Partner closely on overall content recommendations for vehicles outside of social
- Work closely with creative to support overall brand creative direction and lead social-first, engaging asset creation that reinforce the brand DNA
- Develop social calendars that drive impact for both core and new product launches that deliver big, engaging ideas, brand aesthetic, reach and buzz both on our platforms and beyond
- Oversee and lead data tracking, insights, analytics platforms and competitive landscapes to continuously refine and improve strategies
- Be a strategic, thought partner cross-functionally within the Marketing team, as well as with Creative, Brand Management, Digital and International teams to drive strategy, solicit input and derive insights to strengthen ideas
- Manage and inspire the team, providing creative inspiration & vision, insights and context to help shape bigger ideas to drive the business
- Serve as a thought leader in Social Media and share best practices, general guidance and the implications of platform updates with broader teams
- Manage annual organic social budget, forecasting, planning and tracking to optimize spend based on business objectives
- Oversee, lead and execute when necessary content creation and curation process, including briefing in social photo and video shoots (including photo and video shoots) for organic and paid social based on product storytelling, identifying relevant and elevated User Generated Content for the channels
- Maintain pulse on culture, emerging influencers and content creators to constantly source new partners, align on concepts and negotiate budget and timeline directly
- Drive budget and negotiations across the team
- Partner with ecommerce team to support direct sales-driving initiatives
- Devise community management strategy and structure to maximize consumer connection
- Create both short-term and long-term strategies to proactively support and react to the business, including strategy, plans, budgets, priorities across core and new launches
- 10+ years in Social Media and/or Influencer Marketing
- Exceptional Leadership Skills (proven experience managing, inspiring and leading a team)
- Passion for the beauty industry, with knowledge and expertise in Skincare specifically
- Bachelor’s Degree - in Marketing, Communications, Social and/or or PR or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven track record / portfolio of ideating and delivering social campaigns that drive impactful results
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest…and what’s next
- Passion to quickly source and embrace the latest in digital and social technology to keep up with the fast-paced, evolving digital world
- Strong creative eye for beauty content
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to hone in on insights, including the ability to interpret social insights and data and translate it into actionable business results
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams and thrive in fast-paced, evolving environment
- Must have curious mindset with passion to continuously test, learn and push the boundaries to drive innovation and disruption
- Must be collaborative, agile, accountable, kind, and welcome change
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Later, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience with community management and social engagement
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice