Director, Performance Marketing and Analytics
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The Director, Performance Marketing and Analytics is a new role within Kendo’s growing Digital organization. This role will be responsible for all aspects of performance marketing and analytics focused on scalable revenue driving strategies through paid and unpaid digital marketing channels. This candidate will dive deep into audience strategy identifying new audience opportunities and optimizing campaigns across existing marketing channels. This position will also be responsible for all site data analytics including developing KPI dashboards, data mining, and segmentation and audience analysis. The right candidate will develop insights and recommendations that will have positive quantifiable business impacts and drive profitable sales.
- Build the performance marketing strategy which includes managing multiple agency and technology relationships to deliver and exceed customer acquisition and growth targets.
- Manage performance marketing tactics (via paid social, paid search, display, affiliate, etc.) to further scale the business and increase profit.
- Develop and implement scalable traffic acquisition strategies that drive high converting new and existing customers to our products
- Lead planning and forecasting for all channels
- Analyze KPIs (including ROAS, CPA, and CTR) on an ongoing basis to ensure campaigns are maximizing performance
- Manage a continuous test and learn program to optimize creative, landing pages and audience targeting across all channels partnering with Creative and Product teams.
- Manage data analysis, data mining and segmentation to identify key customer insights and deliver recommendations and strategies to all stakeholders
- Consistently reviewing performance, highlighting trends and opportunities for continuous improvement
- BA/BS in a technical field from a leading university
- 10+ years of related experience at industry-leading companies
- Expertise in digital marketing including paid social, paid search, seo, display, affiliate, etc
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply. Ability to tell a data story with the aid of data visualization. Ability to turn complex findings and results into a compelling narrative and influence business outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, self-drive, and the ability to function independently
- Passionate about recruiting, mentoring and developing top talent
- Ability to lead by example and serve as a role model for your team. Ability to communicate priorities to team as well as executive leadership. Experience mentoring junior performance marketers and data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Thrives in an undefined, ambiguous environment