Director of Education - Fenty Beauty
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
We are looking for a passionate education strategist to lead the creation of differentiated and compelling education programming that ignites passion for Fenty Beauty, delivers business objectives and brand priorities to drive sales worldwide. This key leadership role will help articulate and shape Fenty Beauty’s global education strategy, serving as the strategic architect for training and retailer initiatives that drive client acquisition, conversion, and client loyalty across omni channel.
The Global Director of Fenty Beauty Education will lead the conceptualization, initiation and development of innovative education strategies that amplify Fenty Beauty’s brand DNA and product performance across digital, social, and live formats for clients, global field teams and retailer staff. By developing differentiated content and programs that elevate product knowledge and selling/service skills, this role will bolster retail productivity, cultivate artistry skills, and promote development and retention of our global education team, FB in-store Artists and retailer staff.
Strategic Planning & Direction
- Expert in development of comprehensive, disruptive education plans across all training levers, including digital/e-learning, interactive, experiential, and social learning
- Responsible for presenting and adapting plans based on business needs and client insights to internal and external stakeholders, Executive team, international regions and retailers
- Oversee a team that creates, implements, and customizes training videos, education tools and training programs for global retail channels, ensuring consistent brand and product training worldwide
- Provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, development, and strategic direction, serving as a mentor and role-model to team members
- Responsible for budget management of individual programs to contribute to overall budget management of Global Education department; includes negotiating costs with vendors, reconciliation of departmental expenses and involvement in budget planning for fiscal year
Omni Client Service & Conversion Strategies
- Leverage consumer insights to deliver education journeys and training content that puts consumers at the center, to support Fenty Beauty clients’ multi-channel shopping experience
- Track and analyze product launches, and overall product portfolio performance (ratings & reviews, social media questions), ensuring key insights and learnings are identified for education strategy evolution
- Conduct ongoing competitor and industry analysis highlighting white spaces opportunities and strategies to enhance training initiatives and retailer programming in partnership with Brand Management & Marketing
Cross-Functional Partnerships & Collaboration
- Partner with Brand Management, Global Marketing/Social Media, Creative and Product Development in the planning and conceptualization of winning launches and propelling core category growth
- Serves as key strategic Education voice through partnership with Global Sales and Marketing on launches and initiatives to define product positioning and selling strategies
- Collaborate with e-Commerce and Digital teams on client journey and conversion initiatives that create a unique customer experience leading to purchase
Global Brand & Product Education Content
- Partner with key international regions to develop strategic global education programs that translate Fenty Beauty’s DNA into meaningful, on-brand education initiatives; ensure that market-specific and cultural needs are met within programs
- Proactively work with retail education partners and Kendo’s Global Education & Field Teams to conduct training needs analyses, lead ideation sessions, design innovative training programs and research training methods, technologies, and theories of adult learning on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related business experience; a minimum of 5 years in the Beauty or Retail industry required.
- Self-motivated to meet and exceed goals; drive efficiency in process, and innovate process to improve overall team function
- Excellent team player & collaborator, with proven ability to motivate and inspire direct reports and influence across groups at the global, regional, and local level
- Ability to collect and leverage key performance metrics and data to provide insights and make strategic business decisions
- Strong Project Management skill set with managing multiple workstreams simultaneously with great success; able to prioritize, lead and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- A clear working knowledge of Microsoft Office, an understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and previous experience with a Learning Management System (LMS) is preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally