Director National Accounts
International | London UK | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
This position plays a critical role as the first point of contact and partner to define and execute the UK department store direction deliver annual business objectives, manage and develop direct report(s) to ensure key KPI’s are achieved. Partners closely with the UK Marketing and Sales/Education team to ensure the systems and processes are in place to consistently build our business for the future
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to ensure both short and long term goals are achieved.
- Provide in depth market analysis to identify key opportunities, understand changes in market direction
- Deliver sales growth through developing strong collaborative relationships with commercial partners at a national level.
- Provide regular and timely sales reporting, recommending and subsequently initiating changes in strategy and approach where necessary.
- Identify opportunities and determine potential for new channels
- Shape, lead and develop the National Accounts team and develop a culture of high performance.
- Provide ongoing performance management
- Develop the team through coaching, mentoring, on the job development and other appropriate development opportunities.
- Develop strategic plans for each store group encompassing objectives on:
- Retail and wholesale growth
- Distribution, pace and location
- Maximising profitability
- Consistent and maximum Brand imagery.
- Communicate and implement the strategic plans with management and sales team.
- Provide effective communication and strong working relationships with each allocated Store Group management.
- Ensure effective communication and coordinated activity between Kendo brands team management and sales team.
- Facilitate feedback from the Field Management relating to the respective Store Groups.
- Significant Experience in retail sales management within the cosmetics industry
- Proven track record of managing wholesale sales within department stores in cosmetics or a similar field.
- Commercially astute and able to drive business performance. A relevant business degree/diploma advantageous
- Strong track record of achieving revenue and profit targets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills essential, adaptable for delivery to a range of audiences
- A full UK driving license is required for this role