Director, Marketing - Lip Lab by BITE
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for developing strategic, consumer-focused brand marketing plans for LIP LAB by BITE. This marketing leadership role will require an entrepreneurial marketing mindset and will be given the opportunity to have broad-reaching responsibility across all marketing levers in a fast-paced environment. Serves as the key strategic marketing partner to KENDO cross-channel partners, channel partners, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years in retail marketing, including direct report oversight and be passionate and knowledgeable about marketing and beauty (especially our brands), and savvy in digital/social. Some travel will be required.
- Experienced, scrappy marketing leader with ability to ideate, develop and execute thoughtful, strategic and consumer-focused marketing plans that drive true impact
- Lead marketing strategy and tactics that are specific to retail environment, including local marketing efforts and developing plans for seasonality
- Ability to working cross functionally to develop strategic marketing plans that promote retail business strategies.
- Lead team to concept and execute marketing plans quickly across all levers based on small team size, and fast-paced evolving business.
- Demonstrates ability to work well in developing strategies while simultaneously working on execution
- Maintain a “start-up mentality” – extremely entrepreneurial, constantly thinking out of the box and churning out cost-efficient, grassroot ideas to test, learn & optimize.
- Ability to work on a small team
- Drive development & execution of marketing strategy and plans for LIP LAB by BITE across all marketing touch points including, Influencer, PR, digital and social marketing focused on the target consumer.
- Work with both internal and external cross-functional partnerships, including PR & Media agencies, Creative, Brand, Digital teams
- Lead team to drive LIP LAB Social & Influencer Strategy, working closely with BITE Social & Influencer marketing teams on strategies and plans that ladder up to the overall LIP LAB strategy.
- Manage paid media, creative, execution and results in partnership with BITE leadership, digital team and external agency.
- Responsible for keeping marketing plans aligned with brand DNA.
- Drive asset creation to support plans in partnership with Creative, Copy & Video teams.
- Oversee and ensure alignment of budgeting process and management to achieve goals
- Maintain close communication with BITE Beauty team and may be required to support BITE Beauty Marketing team for key initiatives.
- Present to executive team progress on projects or plans to internal & external partners
- Employ strategy & strong analytics to analyze trends, insights and marketing data to generate insights & learnings to put into action
- Keep constant pulse on pop culture, world events, retail, experiential and marketing innovation
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management on brand and/retail management experience a plus.
- 5-7 years of direct report responsibility.
- College degree or equivalent experience; retail experience preferred (beauty experience a plus).
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done.
- Ability to be extremely proactive, concepting, creating and executing plans and ideas on one’s own with little guidance and oversight.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.
- Honed presentation skills; confidence in presenting in multiple forums, including senior leadership level.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.