Director, Lip Lab Boutiques
Lip Lab, BITE Beauty | New York, NY | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
*Must be living or willing to relocate to one of the following cities: NYC, Orange County, San Diego, Las Vegas, or Dallas*
Lip Lab x BITE is about more than just lipstick! We’re all about establishing an environment that encourages fun, individuality and self-love. Is there a feeling better than finding the perfect shade of lipstick? At the Lip Lab x BITE we believe there is: Being the person that helps someone create a lipstick and experience that is uniquely theirs from the color to the flavor and even the name. So if you enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others, being creative and helping people to express themselves and reach their fullest potential then this is the job for you!
As the Director of Lip Lab Boutiques you will have the exciting opportunity to not only lead our existing locations but will also work alongside an amazing corporate team to develop future locations. This is a very exciting opportunity as we are currently looking to expand and grow our business and you can come along for the ride.
- Paid training with ongoing growth opportunities
- Competitive pay + bonus potential
- Paid holidays and time off
- Fantastic employee discount: 50%, Kendo Brands, 40% off our in-store products and 30% off sephora.com
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive workplace (we offer regular diversity & inclusion training)
- An chance to help grow a lucrative and unique business within the industry
- An opportunity to work closely with a company that has paved the way for many successful brands
What we are looking for:
- Strong background in leadership, team building, multi-unit store oversight and KPI achievement
- Someone who leads by example and always goes above and beyond
- An aptitude for multi-tasking with the ability to oversee numerous projects and people in great detail
- Experience building and managing effective teams
- Excellent business acumen for fast paced retail environments
- An understanding of sales, target, KPI’s and what it takes to drive a business
- Proficiency with excel, MS word, outlook, google docs, payroll, POS systems
- Ability to work cross functional with a diverse group of people
- Ability to travel 60% of the time to visit boutiques, for company events and conferences across North America
What you will do:
- Lead with a sale and KPI mindset and work closely with store management to increase revenue and productivity
- Coach store management and team to uphold and deliver on Lip Lab x BITE standards and culture
- Oversee and manage activities such as recruiting, hiring, and development of teams and people
- Guide management to effectively forecast and execute sales and payroll targets
- Work with stores and HR on employee relations, development and career advancement
- Assist store with establishing a healthy business mix of ready to wear sales, appointments, walk-ins and parties
- Manage and control store expenses and keep in line with budgets
- Partner with compliance and QA to ensure all standards and GMP practices are being followed at all locations
- Support with fast expansion of new retail store openings over the next 3-5 years
- Partner with Retail Ops, marketing teams to ensure the execution of business strategies within stores
- Work with visual merchandising team on store set ups and merchandising standards across locations
- Travel 2-3x a month to stores to ensure business is running effectively and offer in person development to teams
- Ensure in-store compliance of all Store Management policies and standards, such as, personnel practices, sales and record-keeping procedures, product compliance, and overall maintenance of the store
- Supervise and inspect store for proper execution of operating model and guest service standards
At Lip Lab x BITE our number one goal is to foster an inclusive, positive and safe environment for our employees and guests alike. We are an equal opportunity employer that will always ensure our team grows with us.
If you are looking to work for a company that celebrates individuality, then look no further!
Apply today and let the good times begin!