Director, Learning + Talent Management
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
We are looking for someone to build a learning and engaged ecosystem where our team of talented Kendoites will flourish. This people centric leader will seek to optimize learning and employee engagement through effective development programs that aim to unlock each individual’s highest level of performance that will in turn enhance our organization’s fullest potential. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing learning and engagement programs and strategy from the ground up to further key business goals and strategies while cultivating an ecosystem where Kendo employees will be motivated and inspired to stay and grow with us.
Fuel Talent Ecosystem with Effective Programs That Develop and Support our People
Enhance the way we approach learning @ Kendo
- Lead the global L&D strategy across total organization
- Leverage and expand existing technology solutions to deliver innovative and cost-effective learning opportunities.
- Partner with People + Kulture and business leaders to define and improve skill gap analysis and effective training plans of our people
- Design and build an experiential values and culture based onboarding program for all of Kendo’s global new hires while using data to drive continuous improvement
- Partner with our LVMH talent development team to leverage resources, trainings, and offerings
- Partner with divisional leaders to ensure team buildings are taking place on a consistent basis
- Ensure that signature Kendo trainings are consistently being taught across the Kendo nation
- Source external resources to bring different perspectives to the organization: i.e.: L&D facilitators, Executive Coaches
- Partner with our D&I Executive Kouncil to ensure inclusivity of thoughts and perspective on key initiatives. Serve as ongoing thought partner to the team.
- Establish and integrate development processes into annual employee lifecycle: goal setting, career pathing, performance management, professional development, etc.
- Develop succession planning processes and infrastructure to standardize internal mobility pathways across the organization
- Lead the employee voice survey process, including analysis of insights, communicating results, and action planning to ensure effective follow through
- Create and deliver organizational and team effectiveness tools and programs, increasing accountability and quality of managers, tracking success metrics and adjusting programs accordingly.
- Apply change management frameworks to assess readiness for change, align partners, create change champions and increase adoption of new programs and processes
- Create and oversee programs that maximize the employee’s learning potential while strengthening Kendo’s talent bench (Mentorship Program, Intern Program, etc).
Enhance Employee Engagement
- Manage People + Kulture’s intranet page which tells a compelling story about the employee experience
- Enhance our communication tools digitally to connect our global workforce across streamlined access points to company resources and our Kendo culture
- Partner with HR VP and CEO to craft effective and culture filled bi monthly all hands meetings
- Lead the design and development of our annual all company conference KKJ
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in leadership training
- Seven – ten years’ experience in L&D in a corporate setting
- Experience in business process design and implementation.
- Experience in program management of leadership development initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- High emotional intelligence, expert at quickly building relationships and understanding nuanced employee feedback
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
- Ability to be both strategic while also pivoting to be able to roll up sleeves to execute the work and get the job done
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resource Development processes
- Strong proficiency in using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – ability to manage up and down in a complex organization
- Experienced LMS user and/or administrator