Director, International Ecommerce & Digital Channel Growth
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Director, International Ecommerce & Digital Channel Growth is responsible for driving ecommerce sales through international ecommerce and retailer ecommerce channels. This candidate will work across all brands to ensure a stellar customer experience on all channels. They will dive deep into global ecommerce opportunities on own site as well as retail partnerships and use data and best-practices to inform best-in-class ecommerce strategies.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship-building skills and ability to partner internally and externally to drive execution of their strategic recommendations. They will develop insights and recommendations that will have positive quantifiable business impacts and drive profitable sales. They will have a strong desire to innovate and strong data-driven storytelling skills to make a positive impact on Kendo’s ecommerce business.
- Own the International Ecommerce & Digital Growth channel expansion for all brands in partnership with our global cross functional teams
- Lead evaluation of new international markets and provide strategic recommendations and roll-out plan for market expansion
- Work closely with our cross functional partners including brand, marketing, finance, supply chain, local markets and ecommerce teams to develop in-market plans
- Manage cross-border vendor & local agencies to ensure successful execution and a solid customer experience on our brand websites globally
- Develop and coordinate with Ecommerce team a by region product and promotional launch strategy per region
- Support and manage all post purchase experience support including Customer Service and Returns process
- Partner with creative on the development of necessary brand assets and templates
- Partner with brand and marketing teams to ensure best-in-class product launches across retailer’s ecommerce channels
Digital Channel Growth
- Drive education at Kendo of Digital Retailer channels and best-practices partnering with Creative, Digital, Brand, and Marketing on best-in-class program development
- Partner with Marketing and Performance Marketing teams to develop and drive paid campaigns in partnership with Retailer
- Oversee site experience optimizations across channels and partner with brand on execution and implementation of updated assets
- Continue to evaluate and propose new Digital Retailer opportunities to drive Kendo’s ecommerce business.
- Develop strong relationships with retailer’s merchandising and digital teams to ensure optimal brand support and insight to new features and functionality to improve brand shopping experience
- Support execution across Kendo brands for updated Digital Retailer channel features and functionality
- Deliver competition benchmarks and best practices from other beauty brands
- Drive customer reviews and other user-generated content
P&L, Forecasts, KPIs & Performance
- Support P&L responsibilities & budgeting
- Forecast annual, monthly, and daily sales with regards to promos and product launches to achieve net sales target
- Analyze campaign metrics, product sales and performance. Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting tailored to multiple stakeholders.
- Develop KPI dashboards analyzing all international site metrics as well as customer feedback and reviews
- Provide and align on product forecasts for new products, online exclusive products, limited edition products, etc.
- Minimum +10 years work experience in ecommerce and digital marketing, preferably in the beauty industry, showing successful progression with operations and P&L responsibilities
- Experience with digital shopper marketing or e-retail management
- Experience in international ecommerce sales
- Exceptional ability to bring brands to life digitally through storytelling
- Proven ability to drive profitability through promotional and merchandising strategies
- Advanced analytical skills with a focus on web metrics. Strong presentation skills with a focus on persuasive storytelling.
- Passionate about recruiting, mentoring and developing top talent through leading by example.
- Experience mentoring junior performance marketers and data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, delegate tasks and communicate progress to executive leadership under stringent deadlines