Director, International Brand Management, Marc Jacobs Beauty
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Director of International Brand Management leads and drives the global brand strategy and is the advocate for the brand globally. The Director serves as the brand key liaison for both internal Kendo international teams and cross functional teams. International markets for this role include: Europe, South East Asia, Middle East. Directors are responsible for setting the brand strategy and managing the team to deliver day to day business management responsibilities, including managing merchandising and marketing global plans (in partnership with marketing) and leveraging analytics to deliver and exceed the financial goals of the department. Directors play key leadership role in the company, and coach, develop and motivate direct reports.
- International brand management & advocate
- International sales plans & budget
- International strategy & assortment planning
- Global visual merchandising strategy & budget
- Global sampling strategy & budget
- Process lead for international communication
- Team leadership
International brand management & advocate
- Align with Senior Director and GM on short- and long-term global brand strategies to meet and exceed company objectives; partner with cross-functional team and markets to execute brand vision
- Advocate for brand at all times: protect brand DNA and ensure brand is brought to life in each market; is brand ambassador for global market
- Build strong and effective relationships with markets and internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, product development, international, and operations
- Continue to improve internal processes to maximize communication with brand founder and senior team
International sales plans & budgets & Global budget ownership
- Manage & build international sales plans and budget
- Accountable for achieving sales plans in international markets and identifying risks
- Track & maintain global sampling & VM budgets to assist Sr. Director in P&L management
International strategy & assortment planning
- Partner with local markets to identify key opportunities for growth & strategies to build on them
- Partner with cross functional teams, namely marketing and education, to ensure fill 360* plans are put into place for key initiatives
- Partner with Director of North America & Product strategy to ensure international product needs are being built into the global product launch calendar
- 3-5 direct reports under the Director of International
- Responsible developing clear roles and responsibilities for the team
- Creates development plans for each direct report
- Sets the tone for the team and contributes to the leadership of the total MJB team
- Bachelor’s degree; 10+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Passion for cosmetics / beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to balance high level strategic thinking with detail oriented day to day tasks.
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting go to market strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, trade marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team leader and player who builds strong, effective partnerships.
- Ability to travel.