Director Global Social Marketing, Fenty Skin
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
As the Director of Global Social Marketing for Fenty Skin, you will lead the Social team focused on building and driving global and localized owned and paid strategies for social marketing to deliver on creativity, community building, disruption, and business impact.
This role will bring Fenty Skin’s DNA to life across all social marketing touchpoints, from concept to execution, for our target audience(s). You will lead the creative & strategic vision for the Social team based on forward-thinking cultural trends, a high bar for aesthetics & quality, a consumer-first mindset, social & platform insights, data, and the evolving consumer and social landscape to stay at the forefront of the digital world. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, requiring work with multiple brand stakeholders and regional partners, including Influencer relations, Brand Management, eCommerce, Product Development, Education, Creative, International, and Brand Marketing.
This role is “part art and part science” – requiring strong analytical prowess, expertise, or passion for learning the beauty space with an emphasis on skincare. You have strong creative writing and verbal communication skills and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with an agile, can-do attitude. “Efficiency while not compromising effectiveness” is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple ongoing priorities simultaneously and quickly pivot as things change in real time.
- Lead the development & execution of best-in-class organic social strategy across all platforms. This includes content strategy, community management, campaign planning, and social calendars to support overarching brand strategies.
- Develop, lead and execute (when necessary) content creation and curation process.
- Ensure regional social strategies are aligned with design & strategy and executed according to global direction. Identify regional best practices to share globally.
- Create, deliver and continuously evolve the ‘global brand social playbook.’
- Provide strategic guidance to brand marketing on campaign development, building holistic paid & organic strategies and content plans in partnership with the Director of Global Brand Marketing.
- Partner with the e-commerce team to support direct sales-driving initiatives
- Manage annual organic social budget, forecasting, planning, and tracking to optimize spend based on business objectives, negotiate budgets with teams where necessary,
- Be a strategic thought partner cross-functionally with Creative, Brand Management, eComm, and International teams to drive strategy, solicit input and derive insights to strengthen ideas. Share best practices, general guidance, and the implications of platform updates with broader groups. Be passionate, curious, and synthesize learnings into best practices to maximize exposure across owned and social/shared platforms
- Inspire content recommendations & strategies for vehicles outside of social.
- Partner with the Global Creative team to ensure brand campaigns are socially inspired and organic content is connected to the brand’s multi-channel DNA.
- Oversee and lead reporting - data tracking, insights, analytics platforms, and competitive landscapes to refine and improve strategies continuously. Develop a data-driven model to share trends & insights with regional teams to support local initiatives.
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the team, providing creative inspiration & vision, insights, and context to help shape the business and develop your team.
- Maintain a pulse on pop culture, digital/social/tech innovation, emerging influencers, and content creators to disrupt continuously, constantly source new partners, align on concepts, and negotiate budget and timeline directly.
- 10+ years in Social Marketing
- Exceptional Leadership Skills (proven experience coaching, inspiring, and leading a team)
- Passion for the beauty industry and/ or social
- Proven track record/portfolio of ideating and delivering social campaigns that drive impactful results
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest…and what’s next
- Passion for quickly sourcing and embracing the latest in digital and social technology to keep up with the fast-paced, evolving digital world
- Strong creative eye for disruptive content that translates to beauty
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Must have a curious mindset with a passion for continuously testing, learning, and pushing the boundaries to drive innovation and disruption
- Ability to lead and influencer without direct authority plus effectively navigate ambiguity
- Must be a collaborative, agile, accountable, kind, and welcome change
- Familiarity with social media management tools: analytics and scheduling platforms (e.g. Simply Measured, Later, Dash Hudson, Curalate, Social Flow, Tweetdeck, Hoot Suite, etc).
- Experience with community management and social engagement
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice