Director - Global Sales, Fenty Beauty
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Director, Global Sales leads channel management for the Fenty Beauty brand. This individual is responsible for managing all points of brand distribution, successfully partnering with retailers to deliver and exceed Fenty Beauty’s sales goals. The Director, Global Sales is a business driver, who leads merchandising, activation, and develops best in class partnerships with her retailers to successfuly deliver against brand financial goals. Current distribution for the brand includes both North America (Sephora, SIJCP), and Global (EMEA & APAC). The Director will continue driving global growth, in partnership with the GM including retail partners, brand launches, and developing a sustainable international brand model. In addition to retail, this role will also work closely with the Ecommerce team to develop and drive strategies and sales plans for our website as well as our retailer.com’s. The Director, Global Sales drives brand sales plans + budget in partnership with leadership and manages the team to deliver day to day business management responsiblities.
- Channel management: Brand strategy, sales plans & budget, retail partnership
- Brand Activation both in-store and online
- Product Merchandising
- Team leadership
- Drive short- and long-term strategies for North America/ Intl channels to meet and exceed company objectives; partner with cross-functional team and lead processes to successfully lead the execution of plans
- Own budgeting and forecasting across channel and product level
- Build best in class partnership with retail partners to most effectively maximize working relationship and deliver on sales goals
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal teams supporting inventory planning, education, creative, product development, and operations
- Own brand obsolescence strategically driving off-selling opportunities
- Partner with global + marketing to develop 360 activation plans around key brand launches including the following levers: in-store/ digital animation, education, sampling, visual merchandising, etc.
- Be a brand advocate both internally and externally who can “sell” in big brand ideas and opportunities through compelling story-telling etc.
- Drive a “digital first” brand mindset to create omni-channel experience for client.
- Drive brand visual merchandising managing in-store presentation, hero and core distortion, and elevation of client shopping experience.
- Oversee channel product assortments maximizing productivity, mix, and presentation.
- Drive strategic channel specific product requests in partnership with Global team.
- Build and grow strong supporting team with clear- vision on goals, roles and responsibilities, and success metrics
- Foster a supportive and positive work environment which drives motivation and team work with total Fenty Beauty brand team
- Bachelor’s degree; 10+ years of related business experience, Makeup experience a must.
- Passion for cosmetics/ beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- 5-10 years global experience in Merchandising, Brand Management, or Account Management experience required
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, trade marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships.