Director, Global Sales Brand Management – KVD Beauty
Brand Management | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
The Global Sales Director, KVD Brand Management will be responsible for overseeing high level brand strategy and channel management for all KVD Beauty channels by optimizing brand representation at all touch point, maximizing sell-in & sell-out and driving initiatives to increase channel profitability.
This role requires strong leadership, analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills, a passion for makeup, and a desire to bring KVD Beauty to life in all markets.
This role will report to the Senior Director of KVD Brand Management.
Brand Strategy & Channel Management
- Lead global brand sales strategies to deliver growth in both core products and newness, while working effectively with cross-functional partners to successfully execute
- Know the business inside & out; share regular, comprehensive sales updates to top management and cross-functional teams, and use knowledge of day-to-day business results to inform overall brand strategy
- Own and establish best in class relationships with merchants across all North America channels; secure their alignment on brand strategy and maximize retailer support for key launches
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with internal partners (global brand, marketing, merchandise planning, education, visual merchandising, creative, and operations) and guide all teams via a clear & focused sales strategy
- Share global strategic vision with international markets to ensure world-wide consistency in priorities, assortments and support plans; connect the dots between regions and share key learnings and resources
- Oversee and optimize Gross to Net Sales budget for North America channels
- Manage global Sampling and North America Co-Op strategies and budgets
Merchandising & Assortment Planning
- Ensure channel forecasts and inventory follow sales strategy & business trends for both core product and newness
- Manage channel assortments to optimize sales and minimize inventory liability
- Monitor and help optimize channel and owned product inventory, including overseeing excess & obsolescence strategy
- Lead visual merchandising to execute brand vision. Ensure merchandising is optimized for sales performance, is on-budget and is creatively consistent across regions.
Reporting & Research
- Provide weekly executive sales recaps and ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Research and be in-tune with the beauty landscape to identify innovations and opportunities to drive the business
- Empower and develop a high-performing team of 3 direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of related business experience, color cosmetics experience preferred but not required
- Previous Account Management, Merchandising, and/or Buying experience a strong plus
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, interpersonal, organizational, quantitative and communication skills, as well as a passion for makeup
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer-oriented
- Able to prioritize strategically
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure
- Team player
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills