Director, Global Retail Marketing – Fenty Beauty
Marketing | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for maximizing strategic marketing plans with every retail channel, including specialty retail, international and digital partners. This role is key in developing differentiated marketing plans across each channel to connect with unique consumer audiences, bringing our brand to life in multiple touch points around the globe. This role will closely partner with the Director of Marketing Innovation & Campaigns to build ideas and translate global strategies for every channel. This position will lead a team of marketers supporting each key channel, building relationships with our retail marketing partners around the globe. This person will work closely with Creative, Digital & Brand Management teams to bring plans together. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years in marketing, with significant experience in beauty marketing and retail, passion and expertise in social marketing and experience across all marketing touch points with proven success of developing insightful, impactful marketing campaigns. Some travel will be required.
- Develop and own the Retail Marketing strategies, plans and execution across global channels, including specialty retail, international and digital partners
- Build relationships with our key retailer partners
- Experience in developing 360 marketing campaigns in both the digital & brick & mortar channels
- Ability to build upon & localize global strategies specifically for various channels and consumer audiences.
- Expert in development of comprehensive, disruptive marketing plans across all marketing levers, including but not limited to social marketing, influencer & partner marketing, PR, paid media, channel, digital, experiential, etc.
- Provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, development and strategic/tactical direction, serving as a mentor and role-model to team members
- Responsible for presenting and adapting plans based on feedback to internal and external partner key stakeholders, Executive team and international regional team, retailers, and founder teams
- Anticipate future trends and proactively plan marketing further out to maximize exposure with partners
- Ability to compile and analyze data quickly to create data-based recommendations and strategies
- Ability to brief & guide creative in an effective way with both internal and external teams
- Develop, manage and allocate marketing budget for brand across all levers and regions
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management on beauty brand and/or agency side; beauty expertise required
- Experience in retail preferred
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage 3+ team members
- Incredible communicator with ability to craft and pitch immersive marketing stories and plans
- Passion for consumer insights, data and cultural trends
- Obsessed with the world of digital and social media marketing
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to delivery effective marketing messages.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction with flexibility & agility
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.