Director Global Marketing - OLEHENRIKSEN
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
Effective January 18, 2022, as a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
As the Director of Global Marketing for Ole Henriksen you’ll be responsible leading, creating, executing and driving innovative, yet efficient 360 marketing strategies and plans that shape the future of this leading global Brand.
You will serve as the Marketing lead to internal and external functional partners, founder, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years in marketing, with significant experience in beauty marketing, passion and expertise in social marketing and experience across all marketing touch points. Some travel will be required.
- Develop and own the overall Global marketing strategy and implementation across the globe, working closely with cross-functional and Executive teams at Global Headquarters, as well as international regional teams.
- Create and help execute comprehensive, disruptive marketing plans across all marketing levers, including but not limited to social marketing, influencer & partner marketing, PR, channel, digital, experiential, etc.
- Responsible for presenting and adapting plans based on feedback to internal and external partner key stakeholders, Executive team and international regional team, retailers, and founder teams.
- Anticipate future trends and react to business needs to constantly refine marketing strategies and plans.
- Ability to compile and analyze data quickly to create data-based recommendations and strategies.
- Ability to brief & guide creative in an effective way with both internal and external teams.
- Develop, manage and allocate marketing budget for brand across all levers and regions.
- Provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, development and strategic/tactical direction, serving as an inspiring mentor and role-model to team members.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management on beauty brand and/or agency side with knowledge and expertise in Skincare specifically.
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to delivery effective marketing messages.
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done.
- Incredible communicator with ability to craft and pitch immersive marketing stories and plans.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Exceptional leadership skills (proven experience managing, inspiring and leading a team 3+ members).
- Passion for consumer insights, data and cultural trends to help shape bigger ideas to drive the business.
- Must have curious mindset with passion to continuously test, learn and push the boundaries to drive innovation and disruption.
- Obsessed with the world of digital and social media marketing, eager to bring forward new innovative marketing ideas and platforms.
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams and thrive in fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.