Director, Global Diversity & Inclusion
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
7th Kredo: ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION. We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion will play a pivotal role in helping bring Kendo’s 7th Kredo to life. This role will develop and implement our D&I strategy aligned with our business strategy. You will provide strategic and day-to-day leadership on all global diversity and inclusion policies, programs, and practices at Kendo. The Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion will be a trusted partner to our Leadership Team, people managers, executive Diversity and Inclusion council, Employee Networks (ERGs), People + Kulture Team, and our employees. In this cross-functional role, the Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion will report to the Global Head of People + Kulture and help ensure that D&I is embedded as a core value of our company culture, strategy and operations.
- Design and execute the strategy to scale our D&I programs & embed D&I across the globe, creating strong operational structures that foster community and empower employees to advocate for policy changes at the organization.
- Further integrate our D&I beliefs and values throughout our holistic talent management framework piloting innovative solutions that advance all (and, diverse) employee experience
- Champion and scale global initiatives- internal talent-focused as well as external social impact-focused
- Build, maintain and facilitate data-driven, high-impact resources in a variety of formats across multiple audiences to enable everyone to support and further our objectives
- Integrate key concepts of equity, allyship, inclusion, and diversity into existing talent management programs, learning and development, recruitment efforts, policies and practices
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and diversity at KENDO across multiple stakeholders, partnering effectively and regularly with aligned internal partners Brand, PD, Marketing, Operations, Ecomm, Vendors etc.…
- Recognize and respond to regional, local, and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues, and initiatives
- Provide support to the existing team’s efforts on D&I Council, Committees, and Employee Resource Group to empower and strengthen our internal communities
- Research and provide D&I subject matter expertise, strategic planning, thought leadership, coaching, education, and consultancy to leaders to drive key D&I business outcomes
- Partner with Operations, Analytics, Learning & Development, Brand, and cross-functional teams to measure the impact and effectiveness of D&I initiatives and provide quarterly updates
- Key consultant to build strategies to align to improve products and services
- Support diversity & inclusion efforts through platforms: product inclusion, online + in-store experience, and customer engagement (social + communications + activations).
- Serve as the center of excellence, i.e., consulting and connecting resources across brands for inclusive product research, strategy, design, and execution to more readily identify opportunities and develop more inclusive products and customer experiences that drive bottom-line impact.
- An empathetic leader with proven ability in coaching and mentoring.
- Proven experience with developing communications including training materials.
- A strategic, creative, and systems-based attitude with a passion for action and accountability
- A proven track record of building and scaling D&I programs
- Ability to partner with, and coach leaders to enable a consistent, authentic and fair approach to business and internal priorities
- A solid understanding of industry benchmarks, leading practices, and innovations in D&I experience leading cross-functional and dotted-line teams, forums, and individuals