Director, Finance, Revenue and Margin
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Director, Finance – Revenue and Margin will report to the Sr Director of Finance. This role is responsible for analyzing the financial performance of Kendo’s sales and gross margin, including all of our brands. The role will also play a crucial role in forecasting, developing analytical insights, and evaluating business decisions.
- Work collaboratively with global teams to understand the business drivers behind changes to revenue and gross margin and articulate recommendations to support profitable growth.
- Analyze and deduce impact of business trends, competitive landscape, customer/product mixes on gross margin.
- Provide margin analysis to influence price, cost, and sales demand for key strategic initiatives and new product innovations.
- Develop budgeting/forecasting processes, tools, and reporting that is focused on achieving revenue and gross margin targets.
- Analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue and margin results against prior periods and plan to ensure the reasons for variances are fully understood.
- Assist FP&A team with special projects and system implementations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA or advanced degree in Finance preferred.
- Ten years of analytical or related business experience required with at least 7 years of experience in the field with advanced expertise on AX, BI, Excel, VBA.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and analytical concepts, practices, and procedures in Wholesale, Retail, and Ecommerce environment is preferred.
- Must have proven competence in modeling capabilities, advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Leadership capability to manage a team including coaching and development skills (ability to motivate, develop and retain high-potential talent)
- Proficiency in data modeling best practices
- Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must be curious, accurate, and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.