Director, Finance - Ecommerce & Retail Stores
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Director of Finance –Ecommerce & Retail Stores will report to the Sr. Director of Finance. This role will own the financial planning and analysis of Kendo’s Ecommerce Sites and Lip Lab Retail Stores. The role will have one direct report, Sr Finance Manager.
Together with direct reports:
- Investigate, evaluate, and report on the financial health of Retail Lip Lab Stores and Kendo Ecommerce businesses.
- Analyze financials, provide insight and report on key performance indicators to management, strategic partners and other stakeholders to guide decision making.
- Prepare and deliver monthly/periodic reporting for Lip Lab Stores and Ecommerce, including P+L statements, variance analysis, financial presentations, and metrics tracking.
- Own Budget and Budget Revision process for Lip Lab Stores and Ecommerce.
- Maintain consolidated rolling forecast to ensure achievement of established targets.
- Create ad-hoc financial models to assist leadership with strategic initiatives.
- Assist FP&A team with special projects and system implementations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA or advanced degree in Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and strong modeling skills.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and analytical concepts, practices, and procedures in Retail and Ecommerce environment is preferred.
- Must have proven competence in modeling capabilities, advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to think creatively.
- Leadership capability to manage a team including coaching and development skills (ability to motivate, develop and retain high-potential talent)
- Systems aptitude and process mapping skills. Preferred experience with AX, BI, with ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must be curious, accurate, and detail oriented.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Available to work in SF office 3 days a week. 2 days are work from home.