Director, eCommerce & Digital Merchandising – FentyBeauty.com
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Director, Ecommerce FentyBeauty.com & FentySkin.com is responsible for driving stellar direct-to consumer growth and the customer experience on behalf of Kendo Brands. This candidate will work on the top beauty brands in the industry – Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin by Rihanna - diving deeply into site strategy, customer engagement, digital merchandising, and online shopping journeys. As the P&L owner, the ideal individual will be in charge of assuring that site, promotions, product launches, marketing, and platform roadmap are driving to meet profitability and customer health growth. The right candidate will develop insights and recommendations that will have positive quantifiable business impacts and drive profitable sales. This role oversees a team responsible for executing these initiatives on the site and through digital channels.
Strategic Planning & Direction
- Build yearly and monthly strategic plan for site to support brand flagship priorities, financial targets, and customer growth
- Devise processes with internal and external stakeholders to balance financial objectives with brand storytelling
- Execution of the strategic plan and analysis and communication of the ongoing success metrics
- Manage organizational chart, team structure, and processes to support team advancements
- Build yearly P&L with finance and leadership
- Build monthly and yearly Net Sales targets by analyzing marketing channel growth, customer behavior, and inventory channel planning forecasts. Align with all partners on targets
- Manage all financial revisions of net sales and expenses and formally present to leadership
- Conduct monthly P&L review reviewing both net sales and expense line items assuring that brand.com is on budget
- Provide updates to leadership on financial performance, plans to mitigate risks, and new business opportunities
Forecasts, KPI's & Site Data
- Forecast annual, monthly, and daily sales with regards to promos and product launches to achieve net sales targets
- Analyze campaign metrics, product sales and site performance. Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting tailored to multiple stakeholders.
- Provide and align on product forecasts for new products, online exclusive products, limited edition products, GWPs, etc. and create tools and processes to assure inventory at the .com warehouse
Planning and Processes of Key Promotional and Merchandising Strategies
- Build annual site promotional and merchandising plan in order to meet online sales and profitability targets that align with budget/revisions
- Manage dot com promotional calendar in conjunction with brand and marketing partners. Adjust based upon trends to meet financial goals
- Build and define an aggressive product launch and promo strategy (including online exclusives, GWPs, bundles, CRM) for key events and present to leadership
- Oversee execution of promotional plan (content brief, asset creation with creative and marketing teams, site upload, promotions set up) and testing on all device types.
- Deliver competition benchmarks and best practices from beauty and ecommerce industries
- Bring brand to life digitally through storytelling, news and values statements
- Support digital marketing practices to optimize all digital marketing channels including Social, Search, Display and Affiliate
- Devise processes that continually share promotional calendar and key KPIs with outside agencies. Develop creative assets and copy that support performance marketing campaigns
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly digital marketing performance to find opportunities to gain higher ROAS
- Develop strategy and oversee execution of CRM (Email, SMS and Direct Mail). Assure growth in these channels through tactics such as sign up campaigns, segmentation and AB testing.
Manage Brand content and site assets
- Develop and manage the content roadmap including site assets, landing pages, special sections to amplify promotions, product launches, and other initiatives to build brand storytelling and CRM database while supporting SEO
- Leverage web metrics to determine site content strategy including new pages and updates to existing pages.
- Manage content creation and approval process. Oversee process to assure error-free content is uploaded on the site through testing on multiple devices
Manage Catalog, Site Experience, and Customer Experience
- Leverage web metrics to define optimal product placements through categorization, associated products, product sort, and product search
- Initiate strategies to improve site experience and conversion through advanced web metrics analysis and competitive review
- Drive customer reviews and other user-generated content
- Strategize and build out platform roadmap with product team based on industry best practices and legal requirements; build business cases for site enhancements with ROI analysis
- Manage all 3rd Party Site experience platforms such as email pop ups, personalization and UGC
- Develop AB testing roadmap and create processes that maximize number of tests per year
- Analyze and react to customer feedback from multiple sources including customer service, shipping feedback and returns data to assure customers have a positive experience at every touchpoint.
- Minimum +10 years work experience in ecommerce and site merchandising, preferably in the beauty industry, showing successful progression with operations and P&L responsibilities
- Experience with the leading Ecommerce platforms including SFCC & Shopify
- Exceptional ability to bring brands to life digitally through storytelling
- Proven ability to drive profitability through promotional and merchandising strategies
- Advanced analytical skills with a focus on web metrics. Strong presentation skills with a focus on persuasive storytelling.
- Passionate about recruiting, mentoring and developing top talent through leading by example.
- Experience mentoring junior performance marketers and data scientists and providing technical governance and oversight
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, delegate tasks and communicate progress to executive leadership under stringent deadlines