Director, CRM & Email Marketing
Digital | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
The Director, CRM will own the consumer lifecycle marketing and loyalty campaigns for our 6 KENDO brands including Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, Ole Henriksen, KVD Beauty, BITE, & Marc Jacobs Beauty. This position will manage all direct consumer communications including Email, SMS and Direct Mail campaigns focused on driving Customer engagement and sales. This position will also be in charge of developing the CRM strategy focused on customer database acquisition, lifecycle trigger programs and the evolution of segmentation & personalization strategies. This individual is a key contributor to driving sales, engagement, retention and retargeting via CRM, Email and SMS and should be results-driven with exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of customer data metrics & insights and ROI analysis.
- Develop and drive the overall CRM strategy for our 6 Brands focusing on our customer segmentation, loyalty, storytelling and engagement
- Build yearly and monthly consumer lifecycle strategic plan for all brands supporting brand priorities, financial targets, and customer growth focusing on acquisition, retention, frequency, and churn
- Create and execute data driven, dynamic campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle messages, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications
- Optimize Email, SMS and Direct Mail programs by partnering with Brand, Marketing & Creative teams focused on driving strong messaging, subject lines, and testing
- Drive collaboration with key business units to implement activations and deliver on quarterly / yearly consumer data acquisition targets
- Develop and monitor all key KPI’s within CRM Marketing creating monthly
- Analyze email and sms campaign metrics, product sales and site performance. Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting tailored to multiple stakeholders
- Lead and manage future customer loyalty program vision
- Oversee Email, SMS, loyalty vendor management focused on enhancements to drive the business
- Manage the CRM budget making key budgetary decisions to build optimizations
- 10+ years of experience in CRM marketing focused on retention, engagement and/or loyalty
- Highly analytical with proven track record of understanding data-driven insights and turning them to successful tactics
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and high level of strategic thinking
- Superior writing, research, presentation and project management skills
- Understanding of SMS & email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving ability