Director, Copy - Fenty
Creative | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.Summary
This new position will direct the global copywriting work for Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, Fenty eau de Parfum and new categories, focusing on clear and differentiated product messaging, campaign concepting, and storytelling. You’ll own the development and enforcement of brand voice and style guides ensuring exacting consistency across all global assets. You have a strong sense of branding and product marketing, with a deep understanding of how to bring stories to life across channels. You also thrive in pop culture and have a sixth sense for what’s next. Importantly, you’ll understand people: what inspires and motivates the Fenty Beauty client; how to persuade and influence executive and VIP internal stakeholders; and how to coach and nurture the Fenty global copywriters. And through it all, you maintain a painstaking attention to detail.
- Direct Fenty world global copy: packaging, naming, campaigns, product messaging, in-store, video
- Develop, own and enforce brand voice style guides
- Manage team of global writers, providing consistent coaching and feedback
- Direct copy concepting for brands, products and campaigns, writing and owning the copy as needed and for new initiatives
- Develop and foster strong, positive relationships with senior leadership, internal stakeholders and other brand VIPs
- Write copy across the brands as needed
- Collaborate well with peers and digital copywriting team
- 8-10 years of copywriting or editorial experience, preferably at a major consumer packaged goods company or beauty brand
- 3-5 years of experience managing other writers
- Examples of product marketing campaign work
- Extensive product naming experience
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements in the beauty industry today
- Understanding of digital best practices
- Strict adherence to grammar and style guides
- Ability to see the big picture (as well as all the details) and keep track of many fast-moving projects across brands, calling out synchronicities and issues as they arise
- Listening skills: Sophisticated ability to take, synthesize and implement feedback across many sources