Director, Brand Marketing, Fenty Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Responsible for leading, creating, executing and driving innovative and cost effective 360 degree brand marketing strategies and plans. Serves as the key strategic lead and main Marketing lead to internal and external functional partners, founder (if relevant), vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years in marketing, with significant experience in beauty marketing, passion and expertise in social marketing and experience across all marketing touch points. Some travel will be required.
- Develop and own the overall Global Brand marketing strategy and implementation across the globe, working closely with cross-functional and Executive teams at Global Headquarters, as well as international regional teams
- Expert in development of comprehensive, disruptive marketing plans across all marketing levers, including but not limited to social marketing, influencer & partner marketing, PR, paid media, channel, digital, experiential, etc.
- Provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, development and strategic/tactical direction, serving as a mentor and role-model to team members
- Responsible for presenting and adapting plans based on feedback to internal and external partner key stakeholders, Executive team and international regional team, retailers, and founder teams
- Anticipate future trends and react to business needs to constantly refine marketing strategies and plans
- Ability to compile and analyze data quickly to create data-based recommendations and strategies
- Ability to brief & guide creative in an effective way with both internal and external teams
- Develop, manage and allocate marketing budget for brand across all levers and regions
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management on beauty brand and/or agency side; beauty expertise required
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage 3+ team members
- Incredible communicator with ability to craft and pitch immersive marketing stories and plans
- Passion for consumer insights, data and cultural trends
- Obsessed with the world of digital and social media marketing
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to delivery effective marketing messages.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction with agility
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.