Director, Brand Management, Global - Ole Henriksen
Brand Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Director, Brand Management, Global leads Global Product Strategy and co-leads developing and executing the Ole Henriksen brand vision. The Director should have skincare experience and expertise to inform building an innovative and strategic pipeline in partnership with the Ole Product Development team. The Director will strategize with Product Development to create product innovation based on analytics and insights of market trends, competitive landscape, assortment gaps and new category opportunities while leveraging creativity and beauty intuition. Brand Development is also critical leading the development of brand codes, DNA, style guide and voice. A strong Director will be a brand builder, advocate, and ambassador for the Ole Henriksen Brand. They will also posess best in class interpersonal skills as cross-funtional relationships and a close partnerhsip with the Sales team will be critical to deliver brand sales goals. Directors play key leadership roles in the company, and coach, develop and motivate teams.
- Global Product & Innovation Strategy
- Strategic Brand Assortment Planning
- Owning and Building Brand Ethos (creative, sales decks, new launches)
- Team Leadership (1-2 team members)
Global Product & Innovation Strategy
- Strategize and develop both long-term and short-term assortment strategies driving towards a best in class skincare pipeline that is positioned to win at Sephora.
- Leverage a deep understanding of the skincare world from a Marketing and Product Development POV to provide insights to keep Ole on the forefront of skincare development.
- Create and oversee market studies/analysis to inform and support future development by defining white space, volume opportunity, competitive landscape.
- Partner closely with the Product Development team to create a product vision shared among key stake-holders.
- Oversee product briefs, co-validate product formula.
- Oversee creative brief to kick-off activation plan for both marketing and creative.
Strategic Assortment Planning
- Own brand global assortment – both current and forward looking + strategically shaping product offering (sku count, mix etc. are all important).
- Oversee 3-year product calendars.
- Build global product launch package (Kento box) in partnership with Marketing.
- Drive global sampling strategy.
Owning and Building Brand Ethos
- Protect and evolve when necessary core brand values including DNA, visual representation, and voice.
- As the #1 brand advocate the Director should be able to story-tell and “sell” the brand vision and product strategy globally (oversee brand DNA decks etc.).
- Oversee new launch creative ensuring all assets are on brand and are best in class.
- Bachelor’s degree; 7+ years of related business experience, Skincare experience a must.
- Must possess Passion for Cosmetics/Beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills a must.
- Able to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with Senior Management.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to Executives.
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Retail Partners, Demand Planning and Supply Chain.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships.