Counter Manager, Marc Jacobs Beauty
International | Oxford | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Formula X, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite and just announced Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
The Counter Manager of Marc Jacobs Beauty Kingston store will manage the top producing counter for Marc Jacobs Beauty for John Lewis. This role is responsible for recruitment and management of Marc Jacobs Retail Artists and ensures that the team represents the brand according to guidelines; plans staffing rotas and coverage within budget; drives daily/weekly/monthly/annual sales goals; manages testers, samples, and other non-sellable goods within budget; executes in-store and out of store events and delivers an exceptional customer experience. This position collaborates with the Field Sales and Education Director and/or Manager to educate, coach and develop team skills.
- Manage a team of 2-3 full time beauty consultants including staffing rotation schedules, coaching of sales & artistry skills, and set individual sales goals.
- Set the example in exceptional product knowledge and service; lead team of Stylists and Artists to create a flawless customer experience and a build a loyal clientele base to drive sales.
- Manage sales goals and payroll investment to achieve financial goals.
- Build and implement an effective clientele program that drives loyalty, drives sales and supports the achievement of sales targets.
- Create in-store activations and clientele programs aligned with the brand calendar for the market to support new product launches, core product initiatives, and key selling periods.
- Take a strategic approach to building and developing the brand business within the store.
- Build strong, effective relationships with John Lewis management and within Kendo to drive strong business results and implement best practices.
- Develop a plan to continually develop and refine the sales, artistry and customer service skills of the team.
- Manage the tester and samples budget and ensure orders are placed on time to support the business.
- Previous experience working in a luxury store environment with a luxury brand is essential.
- At least 2 years of experience at the same level managing an account of £500K in annual turnover.
- Proven ability to be strategic with a strong business acumen.
- Successful experience building and executing a clientele strategy.
- Ability to lead, develop, and motivate staff including conflict/resolution and problem solving skills.
- Experience forward planning and achievement of financial goals.
- Proven track record of success as a Business Manager.
- Strong customer service, clientele and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills to plan & execute in store events.
- Have strong commercial awareness.
- Confident and professional.
- Must be a candidate who demonstrates a real passion for the beauty industry and specifically for the Marc Jacobs Beauty brand.
- Someone who is adaptable.
- Energetic, modern & firm yet fair.
- Demonstrates a drive for results.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manor to maintain positive brand image.