Cost Accountant Manager
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin.
The Cost Accountant Manager assures that Sales and COGs (and correspondingly, inventory) are reported timely and accurately and ensures all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US GAAP/IFRS. This position will work directly with key members of the Supply Chain team to obtain, evaluate and set product costs. They will participate in the annual standard cost setting process including compiling key information around components, manufacturing services and freight. This position will also work closely with the Supply Chain team to drive inventory accuracy and participate in the annual physical inventory.
This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Participate in month-end close activities for your area and ensure all Sales and COGS transactions are reported timely and accurately.
- Analyze month end closing results.
- Reconcile monthly all Inventory related GL Accounts and Locations and provide month-end summary of inventory and obsolete reserve balances by brand.
- Lead and follow through with business partners on standard cost processes. Ensure all teams are compliant with cost guidelines and requirements.
- Set and maintain accurate standard costs.
- Lead development and implementation of standard cost in ERP system.
- Compile, maintain, and share accurate cost reports with management.
- Work with operations to understand or cure any inventory, purchase price, and manufacturing cost variances.
- Assist with audit.
- Assist in special projects or requested cost analysis.
- Five years’ Accounting experience required with 2+ years’ experience in cost accounting. Experience with Beauty or other consumer packaged goods/wholesale strongly preferred.
- 4-year BA or BS degree (accounting or business-related discipline).
- Proficiency and experience working in Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or a large scale ERP system with standard or average costing, bills of material, work in process, and inventory modules.
- Advanced Excel skills required;
- Ability to analyze large levels of data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and stay focused and calm
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; highest integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects with large cross functional teams and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all Kendo staff and colleagues in related companies, and promote a professional yet fun work environment.