Copywriter, Fenty Skin
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
As the Fenty Skin Copywriter, you are responsible for supporting the Senior Copywriter, Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin, by producing editorial for a variety of projects across our business, including product names, packaging copy, emails, digital and social assets, video, visual merchandising, and other marketing collateral. You are a talented and inspired writer with excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects with ease. When you need additional information to complete a project, you’re quick to ask questions and find solutions. In Kendo’s fast-paced world, you take ownership of your projects and are able to produce quality work under short deadlines. And of course, you love skincare with a passion!
- Partners closely with the Sr. Copywriter to express brand voice
- Owns and implements the brand voice across all channels
- Attends project kick-offs, examines various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests
- Executes clean, detail-oriented, on-brief copy for retail, digital and 360 marketing projects, including video scripts and treatments
- Works closely with brand management, marketing, product development, and education teams to align feedback, presenting any issues to manager
- Partners with the design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions
- Takes ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates
- Stays current on beauty industry trends, social trends and competitors
- Requests and manages all copy translations for the brand
- Corresponds with legal to acquire necessary trademark clearance
- College degree: BA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ copywriting experience; beauty and skincare experience preferred
- Experience writing across traditional and digital channels
- Creative self-starter; ability to navigate a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas; ability to bring them to life is essential