Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Color Copywriter is responsible for proposing concepts and producing copy for a variety of projects across our business; including product messaging, naming, packaging copy, monthly in-store and digital campaigns, in-store fixtures, marketing collateral and videos, as well as larger/long-term initiatives. The ideal candidate is a talented and inspired writer who demonstrates cultural literacy, an ear for language and a passion for beauty. In addition, the ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects with ease. The Color Copywriter is quick to ask questions and find solutions when additional information is needed to complete a project. Additionally, this copywriter takes ownership of their projects and is able to produce quality work under short deadlines.
- Partners closely with the Senior Copywriter to execute the brand voice.
- Owns and implements the brand voice across all channels.
- Attends project kick-offs, examines various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests.
- Executes clean, detail-oriented, on-brief copy for retail, digital and 360 marketing projects, including video scripts and treatments.
- Absorbs feedback from brand management, marketing, merchants, and product development, and presents issues to manager.
- Partners with the design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions.
- Takes ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates.
- Stays current on beauty industry trends, social sentiment and competitors.
- Requests and manages all copy translations for the brand.
- Corresponds with legal to acquire necessary trademark clearance.
- College degree: BA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ copywriting experience with a passion for beauty
- Experience writing across traditional and digital channels
- Creative self-starter; ability to navigate a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas; ability to bring them to life is essential
- The ideal candidate has a mix of editorial (i.e. magazines, newspapers), client-side, and agency experience
- Beauty and/or skincare experience a plus