Coordinator, Social Media, Ole Henriksen
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Ole Henriksen Social team across all areas of the business, including project management, influencer, digital and social marketing, as well as general team support – handling product request needs, mailings, etc. The role includes both independent and collaborative work. The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, passion for beauty, and be extremely organized and detail-oriented. This role will report directly to the Social Marketing Manager.
As the Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting day-to-day management and execution of social media community initiatives and assist with influencer strategy, gifting, event coordination.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to…)
- Actively monitor social media channels including - engaging with followers and monitoring conversations across social media channels.
- Help develop, post, and schedule messaging across social media channels on a daily basis.
- Work with Social Media Manager and Creative team to deliver compelling and functional assets to be used across all social channels.
- Support/Coordinate social video and photo shoot needs: including all product orders (working directly with PD and Brand Management to receive new products or comps), packing and processing shipments, and tracking the packages to their final destination.
- The Coordinator will assist in the responsibility for managing an excel sheet with all products and respective quantities, tracking numbers, shipment destination addresses, and confirmed arrival dates.
- The Coordinator will assist on all aspects of social/video shoots (loading products, transporting products, setting up products on site, cleaning on site, whatever is needed)
- Collaborate with Social Media Marketing Manager on execution and optimization of social media contests, sweepstakes, content swaps and other partnership initiatives.
- Assist Social Media Manager with major 2017 marketing/digital campaign, including gifting, partnership correspondence, tracking posts, conversations & EMV.
- Help track growth of social media followers and engagement by channel.
- Promote events and campaign initiatives on social media.
- Coordinate daily social media tests to inform future messaging.
- Partner with legal to develop thorough contracts for any/all social needs. Responsible for reviewing, editing, delivering and owning contract fulfillment.
- Constant research of mega & up-and-coming influencers.
- Support miscellaneous team events (planning, set up, clean up, etc)
- Help write briefs and project manage timelines for marketing collateral.
- Manage relevant filing of key Ole Henriksen content on The Box for internal teams, which includes key filing for all external/international teams to leverage correct content seamlessly.
- Supports Influencer & Events needs from briefing in assets to shipping product to supporting outreach.
- Assist in managing all product orders for events & influencer needs, while also managing the department’s product inventory, allowing the team to ensure all products are on hand for immediate influencer or other needs.
- The E&IR Coordinator is also responsible for helping fulfilling all of PR’s replenishment product requests.
- Help maintain organized file system for the Brand Marketing & Social Teams (digital and hard copy where relevant).
- Coordinates relevant new vendor/agency onboarding from legal documents to meeting.
- Participate in brainstorms and content/campaign ideation across all platforms
- Coordinates all shipping needs, including last minute influencer sponsorship requests, and international and domestic marketing requests.
- Bachelor's degree required plus 1-3 years of marketing experience, preferably in retail, beauty/fashion.
- Proficiency with MS Office (including basic excel functions).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Positive “Can Do” Attitude; hard working and can do attitude no matter how small or large the task – will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment with grace.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and within teams.
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box.
- Be on the cusp of social/community innovation. Be our eyes and ears on what’s next and trends within social and digital.
- Capable and driven to quickly learn new technologies and continually upgrade current skill set.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms: Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Snapchat, etc.
- Strategic, proactive and supportive qualities.
- Strong analytical skills for measuring/tracking success and KPIs.
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with sales, marketing, trade marketing, retail partners, demand planning and supply chain.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.