Coordinator, Quality Assurance
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Quality Coordinator is responsible for assisting the team in organizing product samples for examination of batches and goods produced. This role assists in the gathering of documents submitted by suppliers and contractors. It achieves quality assurance through operational objectives by organizing information for management analysis of strategic plans and reviews and maintains product specification files approved by Quality Management. This role will also prepare supporting quality documentation for review.
- Coordinating in the preparation of samples for review of physical attributes (color evaluation, product performance), evaluation and/or examination of bulk product, work-in-process, and finished goods manufactured by suppliers.
- Participates in quality control training programs to achieve organizational compliance for evaluation and/or examination for bulk product, work-in-process and finished goods control.
- Communicates with suppliers/contractors in regard to results of evaluation and/or examination issues related product/package integrity.
- Assists in monitoring supplier/contractor documentation to identify modified product specifications.
- Proposes specification modifications where final limits have not yet been established or where test results reported indicate revision may be needed.
- Helps to organize product standards and coordinates with Product Development standard updates. Issue product standards to suppliers/contractors.
- Supports Quality Assurance for examination of complaint samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences, or combination of Education and Experience in Cosmetics or related (FDA regulated) industry
- 1-2 years of work experience or equivalent experience preferred
- Passionate about Makeup and Skin Care
- Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Personable and flexible with demands and changes in business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills; keen attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often-changing, startup environment
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams
- There is no relocation assistance for this role