Coordinator, Product Development, Kat Von D Beauty
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, KENDO brings to market the freshest, most relevant and innovative brands. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the KENDO team continues to redefine the beauty industry through its brands.
The Product Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the team in packaging/product efforts and is the stepping stone to a career in product development. This role is fundamental to the fun, creative, and exciting world of creating new and innovative beauty products.
- Oversee day-to-day Product Development operations (supplies, sample closet, shipping)
- Own process to provide samples to internal and external partners and track feedback
- Research competitive landscape and maintain benchmarks
- Create product comps for meetings and presentations
- Coordinate vendor meetings, meeting minutes and sample follow up
- Participate in brainstorms and concept ideation
- Assist in the development of new and innovative products
- Additional projects as assigned
- College degree and 1-2 years of work experience or equivalent experience preferred
- Passionate about makeup
- Efficiency is your motto – exceptional organizational and time management skills; able to juggle multiple priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Client-focused, personable and flexible with demands and changes in business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills; keen attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often-changing, startup environment
- Flexible and positive attitude; able to work independently and within teams