Coordinator, North America, Marketing, Marc Jacobs Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Marc Jacobs Beauty Brand Marketing team (North America) in multiple areas of the business, including project managing marketing collateral with Kendo’s internal creative team, PR requests, micro-influencer outreach programs, product orders, the marketing team’s product inventory management, and shipping requests. The Coordinator has a great opportunity to collaborate with numerous departments, including Product Development, Creative, PR and Brand Management, with exposure to a range of areas within marketing. The role includes both independent and collaborative work and the candidate should have experience managing projects with changing priorities and a commitment to timelines within a very fast moving environment. This role will report directly to the Associate Brand Marketing Manager, while also working closely with the Senior Director of Global Marketing & PR.
- Manages all North America product orders for the Brand Marketing department, while also managing the department’s product inventory, allowing the team to ensure all products are on hand for immediate artistry, PR, influencer and sponsorship needs.
- Fulfill US & Canada PR’s replenishment product requests.
- Manage budget tracker fr all product orders placed.
- Coordinates all shipping needs, including last minute makeup artist sponsorship requests, domestic marketing & influencer requests, and video and photo shoot product needs.
- Places all product orders, working directly with PD and Brand Management to receive new products or comps, packing and processing shipments, and tracking the packages to their final destination.
- Manages an excel sheet with all shipments and respective tracking numbers and information to share with both internal and external parties for tracking purposes.
PR & MEDIA
- Manage all incoming PR quantity shipments (new products) for both NY PR and SF PR needs, which includes coordinating with Brand Management on all tracking numbers, arrival dates and final quantities.
- Provide PR team with images needed upon request.
- Attend weekly PR calls for the US & Canada.
- Attend meetings with external vendors such as media partners; take detailed notes to share with the team.
EVENTS & INFLUENCERS
- Write briefs and project manage timelines for specific marketing collateral, including in-store event collateral, booklets associated with key sampling programs, micro-influencer & influencer gifting product booklets.
- Assist with planning and project management of in-store events; manage marketing collateral creation while meeting retailer deadlines & requirements.
- Assist with all product launch and influencer/sponsorship events’ production needs, including booking travel.
- Manage all filing of key Marc Jacobs Beauty content on Box/the company server for internal teams, which includes key filing for all international teams to leverage correct content seamlessly.
- Coordinate Brand Marketing’s storage facility inventory and work with Office Management to remove or add any items to the facility.
- Manage agenda for Brand Marketing’s weekly team meetings.
- Assist all members of the Brand Marketing team in any areas of business support and admin.
- Bachelor's degree required plus 1-2 years of marketing experience, preferably in retail, beauty/fashion
- Proficiency with MS Office (including basic excel functions)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Passionate about makeup and client-focused
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and within teams