Coordinator, Marketing, Intl & Dept Stores, Marc Jacobs Beauty
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Marc Jacobs Beauty Brand Marketing team (International & Retail channels) in multiple areas of the business, including marketing collateral with Kendo’s internal creative team, PR requests, micro-influencer outreach programs, product orders, the marketing team’s product inventory management, and shipping requests.
The Coordinator has a great opportunity to collaborate with numerous departments, including Product Development, Creative, PR and Brand Management, with exposure to a range of areas within marketing. The role includes both independent and collaborative work and the candidate should have experience managing projects with changing priorities and a commitment to timelines within a very fast-moving environment. This role will report directly to the Associate Brand Marketing Manager and Senior Brand Marketing Manager, while also working with the Senior Director of Global Marketing & PR.
- Support all International product request orders for PR, Marketing and sponsorship needs, while also helping to manage the department’s product inventory.
- Fulfill Glbal PR’s replenishment product requests.
- Wrk with Associate Manager to keep budget tracker for all product orders placed.
- Coordinate all shipping needs, including makeup artist sponsorship requests, influencer requests, and video and photo shoot product needs.
- Place all prduct orders, working directly with the North America Coordinator to receive new products or comps, packing and processing, and tracking the packages to their final destination.
- Keep recrds of all shipments and tracking to share with both internal and external parties.
PR & MEDIA
- Support all inbound and outbound quantity shipments (new products) for Global PR needs, which includes coordinating tracking numbers, arrival dates and final quantities.
- Provide PR team with images and key launch assets in conjunction with Associate Manager.
- Attend weekly PR calls and manage agendas/recaps with Associate Manager.
- Create global travel bookings and itineraries for VIP brand partners and influencers.
EVENTS & INFLUENCERS
- Write briefs and project manage timelines for specific marketing collateral.
- Assist with planning and project management of in-store events; manage marketing collateral creation while meeting retailer deadlines & requirements.
- Assist with all product launch and influencer/sponsorship event production needs.
- Support all filing of key Marc Jacobs Beauty content on Box/the company server for internal teams and external partners.
- Support day-to-day archiving of global reports.
- Update global distribution list with internal/external partners’ contact information.
- Assist all members of the Brand Marketing team in any areas of business support and admin.
- Bachelor's degree required plus 1-2 years of marketing experience.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in retail, beauty/fashion a plus.
- Daily attention to key global beauty news and social media.
- Proficiency with MS Office (including basic excel functions).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Passionate about makeup and client-focused.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and within teams.
- Positive attitude, respectful, and openness to coaching and training.