Contractor - Senior Manager, Master Data Management
Operations | Remote in San Francisco, CA | Temporary | From $119,000.00 to $149,000.00 per year
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
This position is responsible for developing a master data governance and creation strategy to our evolving business needs. The key function of this role is to maintain our “Master Data” accuracy, compliance, and process management. They are responsible for aggregating the production information needed for item creation and changes, ensuring accurate and timely master data across departments and system use. They will also lead the data clean-up efforts.
- Responsible and accountable in maintaining, monitoring and analyzing master data, key data elements, and master data relationships within the organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business regarding Master Data field usage. Working knowledge of the end-to-end data flow, including all cross functional connections and inputs with ability to articulate the flow clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Data Governance: Resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, ensure existing data fields are kept up to date, driving accuracy and timeliness to hit key milestones.
- Collect and verify product data from cross-functional teams, enter product data into GS1 database, ERP, and PLM systems.
- Lead product data clean-up and validation process, clean up any data gaps to support daily business operations.
- Continuous improvement. Work with the business to leverage best-practices and create alignment on clear ownership of the datasets.
- Build and test new automation techniques to effectively utilize resources within the function and to make repetitive tasks less labor intensive.
- Documenting business processes currently using master data
- BA/BS Degree required
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience in any of these areas: Business Analytics and Solutions, Master Data & Governance, Supply Chain Management, Database Management. ERP implementation, or Equivalent role(s)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc… (AX2012 or D365 preferred)
- Working knowledge of Smart Sheets (a plus)
- Working knowledge in Database modules, BI /Reporting writing, SQL, VBA, are highly preferred.
- Basic Excel skills required (V-lookups, pivot tables, and formula entry a must)
- Sense of urgency to address any data issues or questions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for cross-functional team collaboration
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated potential in problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
TEMPORARY position for 6-12 months