Contractor – Production Planning Manager
Supply Chain | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Contract | From $90,134.00 to $112,668.00 per year
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
The Contractor - Production Planning Manager is responsible for all production related activities. This role will collaborate with internal business partners and vendors to deliver on time and quality product which includes turnkey and non-turnkey SKU’s. They will monitor, track and problem solve for new product launches and replenishment in support of brand’s performance goals and company’s growth.
- Ensure product is available in a timely manner based on customer demand and financial budgets.
- Accountable for inventory management - responsible for establishing and executing production planning strategy (cycle stock and safety stock to support a service level of 95%+).
- Create and manage production orders, kitting projects, rework orders, transferring of goods and RTV’s as needed.
- Negotiate new product launch timelines and replenishment lead times. Manage newness and replenishment POs; actively track and maintain updates for all open POs in ERP system; inform internal teams of delivery changes in a timely manner.
- Key contact for vendors, focused on building strong collaborative vendor relationships and influence vendors to participate and implement key Kendo supply chain initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring ERP system reflects the most up-to-date PO and product information
- Attend and participate in vendor, brand, and operational meetings.
- Partner with Material Mgmt. team to resolve materials supply issues due to schedule changes and vendor supply interruption. Ensure components and packaging arrive at filler/assembler in a timely manner for execution.
- Review monthly stock status with Supply Chain Data Analytics team to understand and reconcile receipt and inventory issues. Responsible managing to Inventory and DOI targets for assigned brand.
- Accountable to ensure Vendor Invoice is paid on time.
- Review “in transit” order status through Expeditors Order Management program; reconcile booking errors and issue booking approvals with distribution team as needed.
- Support driving supplier system connectivity through advanced collaborative tools/methods (EDI, Web, ASN, Vendor Portal, etc.) and lead supplier collaboration initiatives for their categories to support Kendo’s growth initiative.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in any of these areas: Materials Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Demand Planning, Logistics and/or Change management
- Knowledge of the MRP - scheduling, capacity planning, financial objectives
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in ERP/MRP system (Dynamic365 is a plus)
- Basic Excel skills required (V-lookups, pivot tables, and formula entry a must)
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking ability, problem solving experience, managing and measuring work and process management skills
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication