Compounding Colour Match Technician
BITE Beauty - Production | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
Handcrafted in Toronto, BITE BEAUTY was born with a singular idea; create lipstick that is remarkably different. Sourcing good-enough-to-eat ingredients, developing innovative formulas, and producing each and every product in-house, BITE BEAUTY manufactures without compromise, ensuring only the highest standards for colour, texture, and performance. With its sole focus on lips, BITE BEAUTY proves you don’t have to sacrifice performance for a product made from nature.
This position will report to the Compounding Manager and will be a critical part of our manufacturing team. The Compounding Colour Match Technician will be responsible for ensuring production batches meet colour standards and adjust batches as required. This is inclusive of milling pigments and preparing batch ingredients for production teams.
Bite Beauty is a part of Kendo Holdings, Inc.
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, Kat Von D, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
- Accurate pigment production, weighing, melting, milling
- Mix ingredient pigments to create new formulas and colours
- Ensuring all ingredients are measured and batched precisely according to SOPs
- Assist compounding department with full cycle lipstick production
- Weigh raw materials (waxes, oils, etc.) required to manufacture batches using scales, graduates etc.
- Operate scales, hotplates, homogenizers, and milling machines as required
- Work in compliance with provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and all company safety policies.
- 2+ years of experience mixing pigments
- Post-secondary education preferred
- A sharp eye for colour and undertones
- Excellent vision and attention to detail
- Knowledge and familiarity with scales and balances
- Previous experience in milling with triple-roll mill preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
Please submit your cover letter and resume. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BITE Beauty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.