Compounding Artisan, Lip Lab
Lip Lab, BITE Beauty | Toronto, Canada | Full Time
Position: Compounding Artisan, Lip Lab
Status: Full-Time - 30h to 40h/week
Reports To: Compounding Manager, BITE Beauty
Location: BITE Lip Lab, Toronto
Lip Lab x Bite is more than just lipstick. We’re are about discovery, celebrating the big (and small) stuff and sharing your love of makeup with others. We believe lipstick plays a part in some of you best moments- from the first day of a new job to your wedding-and how the lipstick is created can make the journey more fun.
The Compounding Artisan, Lip Lab will be responsible for assisting with the overall production and inventory of lipstick and pigmented bases in compounding for all Lip Lab retail locations. Responsibilities of this role are inclusive of milling pigments and preparing batch ingredients for production teams. Experience in the following areas are a plus, experience in bakery production, shipping goods, and food chains. This position will report to the Compounding Manager.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are clearly communicated to Lip Lab employees
- Ensuring adherence to the Quality Manual
- To assist with the overall production and inventory of lipstick and pigmented bases in Compounding for Lip Lab retail locations.
- Review of other compounding artist documentation
- Batch preparation, ingredient preparation, and milling through use of triple roll mills
- Responsible for following SOPs for compounding; ensuring all ingredients are measured and batched to meet and exceed Quality Standards set forth in specifications
- Weigh all raw materials required to manufacture batches using scales, graduates etc.
- Responsible for full cycle of lipstick base & pigment production, weighing, melting, milling and molding
- Works in compliance with provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations
- To assist with incoming Raw materials inventory and shipping pre-made lipstick for all Liplab retail location
- Cleaning machines and keeping a clean station
- Repackaging pigments/bases
- Collecting garbage compounding area
- Receiving Raw materials and Lifting Boxes to shelves weighing 10-25 kgs.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Attributes:
- Previous experience in compounding or milling preferred
- Knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent vision and attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Comfortable working in a retail setting/open customer facing environment
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25kg