Business Systems Analyst
IT | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office at our HQ office and two days remote each week.
Kendo is aggressively investing in the development and the growth of the IT department. As the company is growing, it is key to define and deploy the most efficient tools to support business needs. Once deployed, we must maximize the adoption by helping users to use software programs effectively.
In that ever-evolving context, the Business Systems Analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our Director of Business Systems to conceptualize and execute compelling customer-centric applications to enhance business processes throughout the company. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and execute with excellence, are a self-starter, and able to influence, manage, and collaborate with cross-functional team members and partners.
Your communication skills will allow you to capture business needs from all teams to help define, drive, and roll out the Business Application strategy for all of Kendo. This role will be involved from conception to rollout of applications. Documentation and training will be a key focus in this role as we build Kendo for the future.
Hands on tech savvy, you will help build solutions, implements new software, and provides current and next generation system designs. This role will perform administrative tasks to maintain company software as needed or contribute to support actions for our end users. Ability to be flexible and roll up one's sleeves to do whatever it takes get the job done is key.
- Develop and manage project plans with key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders; articulate product needs and pain points clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross functional partners.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- Document user onboarding steps, training curriculum, and deliver training sessions to end users.
- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions to user community.
- Manage user access, security profiles, and system maintenance as needed.
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in business, engineering preferred or equivalent experience. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience with 3-5 years as Product Manager or similar with experience in software implementation.
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations strongly desired.
- Expert communicator – Strong ability to translate technical concepts to business stakeholders with the ability to synthesize information, develop recommendations, and communicate clearly in whatever way the situation calls for – in writing, with visuals and data, and in person.
- An ability for both strategic and creative thinking, balanced with a strong business acumen.
- Experience developing and working with matrix organizations desired. Strong collaboration skills: ability to work collaboratively with other functions. Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve a desired outcome. Ability to connect with user community as well as understand technical problems and solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability.
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams.
- Microsoft Teams expert. Ideal candidate will champion Teams usage to its full potential.
- A sense of diligence, accountability, bias toward action and healthy sense of urgency.
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in the beauty, personal care, or wellness industries preferred.