Business Manager - Marc Jacobs Beauty - Harrods
International | London UK | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
The Business Manager of Marc Jacobs Beauty will manage all aspects of the counter for Marc Jacobs Beauty for Harrods. This role is responsible for recruitment and management of Marc Jacobs Beauty Consultants and ensures that the team represents the brand according to guidelines; plans staffing rotas and coverage within budget; drives daily/weekly/monthly/annual sales goals; manages testers, samples, and other non-sellable goods within budget; executes in-store and out of store events and delivers an exceptional customer experience. This position collaborates with the Field Sales and Education Director and/or Manager to educate, coach and develop team skills.
- Manage a team of 5-7 full time beauty consultants including staffing rotation schedules, coaching of sales & artistry skills, and set individual sales goals.
- Set the example in exceptional product knowledge and service; lead team of Stylists and Artists to create a flawless customer experience and a build a loyal clientele base to drive sales.
- Manage sales goals and payroll investment to achieve financial goals.
- Build and implement an effective clientele program that drives loyalty, drives sales and supports the achievement of sales targets.
- Create in-store activations and clientele programs aligned with the brand calendar for the market to support new product launches, core product initiatives, and key selling periods.
- Take a strategic approach to building and developing the brand business within the store.
- Build strong, effective relationships with John Lewis management and within Kendo to drive strong business results and implement best practices.
- Develop a plan to continually develop and refine the sales, artistry and customer service skills of the team.
- Manage the tester and samples budget and ensure orders are placed on time to support the business.
- Previous experience working in a luxury store environment with a luxury brand is essential.
- At least 2 years of experience at the same level managing an account in excess of £750k in annual turnover.
- Proven ability to be strategic with a strong business acumen.
- Successful experience building and executing a clientele strategy.
- Ability to lead, develop, and motivate staff including conflict/resolution and problem solving skills.
- Experience forward planning and achievement of financial goals.
- Proven track record of success in leading teams.
- Strong customer service, clientele and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills to plan & execute in store events.
- Have strong commercial awareness.
- Confident and professional.
- Must be a candidate who demonstrates a real passion for the beauty industry and specifically for the Marc Jacobs Beauty brand.
- Someone who is adaptable.
- Energetic, modern & firm yet fair.
- Demonstrates a drive for results.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manor to maintain positive brand image.