Brand Profit Manager
Brand Profit | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo is on the path to build operational excellence and is seeking a highly motivated go-getter to be a key player in building new infrastructure across all Kendo brands. The ideal candidate will have experience grappling with ambiguous brand operational problems and developing & implementing new process solutions to improve operational inefficiencies. We’re looking for a passionate problem solver who is inspired by the future and the possibility of “what could be” at Kendo.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Profit, you will be responsible for establishing brand operational foundations that empower key business partners to make accretive business decisions in critical profit-driving initiatives. In parallel, the candidate will support the coordination of strategic presentations/meetings and will drive obsolescence strategy to deliver on brand profit sales targets.
- Support Director of Brand Profit in all critical profit-driving projects such as pricing or margin 101 content creation
- Assist in meeting preparation for on-going management meetings
- Additional projects as required
- Build brand operational foundations to transform processes across brand teams
- Establish product life cycle processes including discontinuation, assortment delivery dates, etc.
- Standardize and own brand operational calendar to drive all Kendo brands towards operational excellence
- Deliver on brand obsolescence plan to minimize inventory liability and maximize wholesales goal
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage inventory & obsolescence forecast accuracy
- Build best in class retail partnerships to maximize relationships and deliver on sales targets
- Provide channel sales recaps, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of related business experience, color cosmetics experience preferred but not required
- Previous exposure to Process Improvement, Project Management, or Account Management experiences a strong plus
- Passionate in developing solutions to a variety of problems with varying degree of complexity
- Strong problem solving, communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strength in manipulating and synthesizing large datasets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple priorities and work within a matrixed organization
- Keen attention to detail
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and client service-oriented
- Team player; able to build strong partnerships with retailers, brand, operations, and channel planning
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills